mike macdougal's trade value - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

mike macdougal's trade value

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

mike macdougal's trade value

Postby sinicalypse » Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:02 pm

obviously, right now this closer's stock is very high. before the great crash of may (or at least a return to earth), would you consider dishing him off for someone who's a little more guaranteed to bring in #s all year long?

i think macdougal is quality, a veritable lock for 35 saves barring a mental breakdown or some arm problems, or the royals going 3-22 in their next 25 games... but still, say you've got 5 closers and are currently up 5 saves on 2nd place in your league, do you think dumping him for an rbi guy like hideki matsui is a good move... or do you try and covet macdougal as '03's gagne?

dick pole isn't a dick or a pole, discuss:
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Super GM » Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:07 pm

I wouldn't trade him. I have the feeling he's gonna be just like Mike Williams of the Pirates. They both play on crappy teams, that are sizzling right now. Hang on to him.
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jdh » Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:41 pm

If you have 5 closers already and are going to win the saves category anyway, it doesn't matter whether you win it by 1 save or 100. You should trade some of the closers to strengthen other categories. I also have MacDougal, and have found most people aren't willing to give much in a trade because he is still relatively unproven over a whole season and they think KC will drop to earth real fast. Another thing to consider is trading one of your more established closers and hang on to MacDougal. I was able to get Eric Chavez and Benitez for Smoltz.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amnorix » Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:08 pm

What he said... (pointing to JDH).
Amnorix

----------------------------------
"You can observe a lot just by watching."

--Yogi Berra
Amnorix
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Jury » Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:08 pm

Trade him. His value can only decrease from where it is now, and Kansas City won't play only Cleveland and Detroit all year like they have so far.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Wolf Howl » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:15 pm

I got out while the getting was good! I had McDougal and he has helped me in the saves category but I desparetly needed some stolen bases so I traded him for Johnny Damon. I still have Mantei, Foulke and Mariano Riveria as my closers so hopefullly I will be ok.
Wolf Howl
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:18 am

Well, I have marrero and someonne jsut offfered me Piazza for MacDougal... Would you all take that? I also have Julio,Jimenez,and Nen.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jdh » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:40 am

If someone is stupid enough to give you Piazza for MacDougal, take it and run. He is the best catcher in baseball.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers