Benitez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Benitez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BankRoll » Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:37 pm

I have Benitez on my team, so I'm a little scared. But he get's paid way too much (5.625M last season) to be a middle reliever. Also the Mets don't have any better options, so I figure his job is safe. Also you might just be able to chalk it up to a bad week and to the small Puerto Rico field.

That being said, since he does make so much money, if they Mets aren't going to use him as a closer it wouldn't be surprising if he was traded to Boston for Hillenbrand. The Mets have been looking for a 3B for a while and Boston has been looking to get rid of Hillenbrand because they have too many bats and not enough positions for them, plus their closer by commitee idea isn't working out as well as they had hoped. Personally I would like to see that trade :)
BankRoll
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chiggidy Chester » Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:48 pm

Please....if there is a god.....don't let Benitez become a Red Sock. I beg of you dear lord. Please no Armando Blownitez. He will choke choke choke on the small late inning leads over the yankees that we will have once or twice this year if we're lucky. As a true sox fan I summon the sun god to strike thunderbolts of smackdown on the sox brass hand that decides to entertain this gruesome thought. There was a guy the sox traded to Seattle for Lowe and Varitek because Piniella wanted a closer for the stretch run back a few years ago. What was his name? Well, I do have good reason to forget. I think Benitez in a sox uniform would jolt my brain into remembering. NO NO NO NO!
Chiggidy Chester
College Coach
College Coach

Slocumb

Postby Doc » Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:09 pm

Heatcliff Slocumb.

I think the chances that the Sox acquire Benitez are zero. He is paid more than they would pay Ugie, and they have Person coming back, who I bet will fill the roll. He has the stuff.
Doc

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:49 pm

Benitez just needs a new team. Being in NY has always overblown his mistakes. People get on him, but in the last 4 years, he has the best save % in bb.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers