Trade Mench Please!!!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Mench Please!!!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:20 pm

beezer wrote:I read the Rotoworld article AFTER I made my post about Mench gameon. So zip it!! Good luck making the playoffs!! Heard Texas was interested in Larry Walker. Just what you need down there. Hey here's a tip: get some pitching. Oh that's right, Chan Ho Park might be coming back and he will lead you to the promised land! NOT!!!!

Not sure where you heard that, but it's wrong. I'm right here in Ft. Worth and the only OF talk has been moving some of the extras, not bringing in more.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:36 am

I think it must be that time of the month for thehat and some others. Beezer was simply stating his opinion and his feeling towards Mench, next thing guys are rippin him from everywhere. Why is he wrong for having an opinion? Just cuz he doesn't sit at a computer all day long sorting thru stats like you do hat. give him a break and step outside n get some fresh air champ.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby beezer » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:40 pm

Fort Worth Star-Telegram:

With Herbert Perry on his way back from the DL, the Rangers are trying to trade Brad Fullmer.
If they can't find a deal, Fullmer could be released. He's been a disappointment by hitting .235 with 11 home runs and 33 RBI. The Rangers would like to upgrade at DH, and are in the market for Larry Walker, but also have hopes that Brian Jordan, who came off the DL Friday, can give them the punch they're looking for.

This was also posted on Rotoworld. Thanks Rynman for the support. I am just giving my opinion which is what this forum is all about!! I am just making the point that Mench should get more at-bats! A good friend of mine coached him in the Cape Cod League and I have been following him ever since.
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thehat » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:07 pm

RynMan wrote:I think it must be that time of the month for thehat and some others. Beezer was simply stating his opinion and his feeling towards Mench, next thing guys are rippin him from everywhere. Why is he wrong for having an opinion? Just cuz he doesn't sit at a computer all day long sorting thru stats like you do hat. give him a break and step outside n get some fresh air champ.

I guess we're just supposed to all agree on every player, or if we disagree we should make sure and phrase our responses in a way that cannot possibly be construed as argumentative. Well, hell...I like to argue sports. I like to rip a guy when I think he's wrong, and don't mind it a bit if someone gives it back to me when they think I'm off the mark.

I never said Beezer or anyone else was wrong for having an opinion. I just said that I thought his opinion here was wrong (although in another thread I agreed that Mench should have been DH'ing vs. righties ahead of Fullmer). And I stated the opinion strongly and brought along some numbers to prove my point.

Ryn...I generally like to support my opinions with stats. That doesn't mean I spend all day looking them up. In this case, it took about two minutes of checking to come up with the numbers. That's hardly all day. Now maybe doing this would take YOU all day and not allow you the opportunity to get some "fresh air." I do, however, greatly appreciate your concern for my health and well being.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby RynMan » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:32 pm

thehat wrote:
RynMan wrote:I think it must be that time of the month for thehat and some others. Beezer was simply stating his opinion and his feeling towards Mench, next thing guys are rippin him from everywhere. Why is he wrong for having an opinion? Just cuz he doesn't sit at a computer all day long sorting thru stats like you do hat. give him a break and step outside n get some fresh air champ.

I guess we're just supposed to all agree on every player, or if we disagree we should make sure and phrase our responses in a way that cannot possibly be construed as argumentative. Well, hell...I like to argue sports. I like to rip a guy when I think he's wrong, and don't mind it a bit if someone gives it back to me when they think I'm off the mark.

I never said Beezer or anyone else was wrong for having an opinion. I just said that I thought his opinion here was wrong (although in another thread I agreed that Mench should have been DH'ing vs. righties ahead of Fullmer). And I stated the opinion strongly and brought along some numbers to prove my point.

Ryn...I generally like to support my opinions with stats. That doesn't mean I spend all day looking them up. In this case, it took about two minutes of checking to come up with the numbers. That's hardly all day. Now maybe doing this would take YOU all day and not allow you the opportunity to get some "fresh air." I do, however, greatly appreciate your concern for my health and well being.

Im fairly sure if I went back and pulled up all of your posts in here, you would see the amount of time you spend looking at stats. That's your answer to every argument. I have played baseball at a fairly high level (as I assume you probably have by the way you talk down to other members), and I can tell you that stats don't tell anywhere near the whole story for most cases. Otherwise we would be able to predict exactly what happens in every coming play, season, and dynasty. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:46 pm

beezer wrote:Fort Worth Star-Telegram:

With Herbert Perry on his way back from the DL, the Rangers are trying to trade Brad Fullmer.
If they can't find a deal, Fullmer could be released. He's been a disappointment by hitting .235 with 11 home runs and 33 RBI. The Rangers would like to upgrade at DH, and are in the market for Larry Walker, but also have hopes that Brian Jordan, who came off the DL Friday, can give them the punch they're looking for.

This was also posted on Rotoworld. Thanks Rynman for the support. I am just giving my opinion which is what this forum is all about!! I am just making the point that Mench should get more at-bats! A good friend of mine coached him in the Cape Cod League and I have been following him ever since.

I saw that article myself, but also others that dismiss the possibility entirely. Walker will not be coming to Texas. ;-) Too many hitters here already and more in the minors. Nivar anyone? :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers