Prince Fielder's ETA? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Prince Fielder's ETA?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Prince Fielder's ETA?

Postby Danimal » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:16 am

Anyone happen to know when Prince Fielder will get a real shot with the Brewers and not just a cup of coffee?
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Registered_Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:43 am

Seen him play quite a bit this year and his bat speed is pretty slow. He is 19 still I believe, but he has fallen a bit in the eyes of scouts around the Southern League that I've talked to.

I'd guess mid-2006 he'll be penciled in everyday. I actually don't think he'll be much different from his father. Might have 2-3 very solid years but will be out of the league by 34-35.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:32 am

He has struggled some this year in Double A, but he is still one of the youngest players in the league. But since he hasn't put up great numbers it will slow down his ETA some. I'd say late 2005 depending on how he does next year or early 2006.

And personally I think he will be a lot better then his father. His father was a pretty much swing for the fences hitter, and while Prince can do that, he will hit for a much better avg. while still having huge power.

BTW - aren't a lot of players either out of the league or doing down hill by 34-35?
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby reiser » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:19 am

hybrid wrote:He has struggled some this year in Double A, but he is still one of the youngest players in the league. But since he hasn't put up great numbers it will slow down his ETA some. I'd say late 2005 depending on how he does next year or early 2006.

And personally I think he will be a lot better then his father. His father was a pretty much swing for the fences hitter, and while Prince can do that, he will hit for a much better avg. while still having huge power.

BTW - aren't a lot of players either out of the league or doing down hill by 34-35?

I pretty much echo that-then again, the Brewers are winning now, so a cup of coffee at any point doesn't seem unreasonable.. here's his line in Huntsville:
AVG G AB R H RBI 2B 3B HR BB SO SB CS
.267 89 333 51 89 53 19 1 15 43 62 8 4
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:49 am

i would say 2006 possibly opening day 2006 ....but i do expect him to be better than his daddy....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thaklanksta » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:54 am

I'd have to agree maybe a late season call-up next season but more likely in 2006
thaklanksta
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:14 am

He will be far better than his father, in my opinion. There will be a point in time that he will be considered the best player in baseball.

I'm on the bandwagon here regarding the ETA, though. Late next year for a cup of coffee, starting lineup opening day 2006.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Danimal » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:38 pm

thanks for the input ;-D
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DK » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:31 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:He will be far better than his father, in my opinion. There will be a point in time that he will be considered the best player in baseball.

I'm on the bandwagon here regarding the ETA, though. Late next year for a cup of coffee, starting lineup opening day 2006.

And who got him with the 4th pick, AA.... B-)

Although I don't expect you to complain after getting Wright... I was hoping people would forget about him so he would fall to me (Although Kotchman isn't a bad choice) but I underestimated the power of Mets fans. :-D

I'll be back in 2006. :D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Registered_Guest » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:18 am

You can disregard my previous commments on Prince. I was in the midst of trying to acquire him in my league & I know the Prince owner posts here on the forums, but he won't reveal his ID :,-( and was trying to devalue him. ;-D

Expect Prince to be a .300+ 30+ HR guy within 5 years. He's not overmatched at 19 in AA (with a solid AB/K rate for a power prospect and his bat isn't slow either). The current David Ortiz is a good comparison.

Basically everything I said above was a lie other than the fact I'm a regular at the Stars home contests.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers