Wood for Nevin - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wood for Nevin

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wood for Nevin

Postby isis » Fri Jul 19, 2002 5:44 pm

I am in a 5x5 league and offered K. Wood for Nevin. I am in need of power. Too much? Too little?

My rotation would be Pedro, O Perez, R. Ortiz, Wade Miller, Percival, Wood Williams, Acevedo, Julio, Osuna,

Also I want to get rid of Bernie due to his power shortage. I have been offered Okha, Remlinger, K. Rogers, and Dye in a 4 for 1. I don't like it but this person has David Wells. Should I reject that offer for this: D. Wells/ and another player like Dye for Bernie. Or is the straight up offer fair enough? Since I may be losing Wood who has similar #s to Wells except for K's.
isis
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Fri Jul 19, 2002 6:29 pm

If Nevin's healthy, he'll be worth about as much as Wood, so that deal sounds pretty fair.

The 4-for-1 offer for Bernie doesn't sound all that bad; it just won't help your team very much. You might be better offing offering Bernie to a team in need of an average boost, and asking for power in exchenge.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jorge » Sat Jul 20, 2002 7:34 am

I wouldnt trade for Wells right now. He might be due for a DL stint. You might want to hold on to Bernie. Wood for Nevin sounds like a steal for you. It's been a rough first half for Nevin, who I think will have a pretty good second half. Nevin's stroke is meeting power again, and Klesko is hitting well so Nevin will have some solid ribbie production too. Don't be surprised to see Nevin bank 20 homers before the season ends.
Jorge

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby isis » Sat Jul 20, 2002 11:59 am

This person also has Zito. I offered Bernie, Perez and Santiago for Kendall and Zito.
isis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Jorge » Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:08 pm

THat's a lot to offer for Zito. Granted that Kendall is batting better and Santiago might not hold up down the stretch, a guy like Perez and Bernie probably could get you a little more than just Zito and Kendall.

It looks like Nevin's getting on track, as he contributed to Randy Johnson's misery going 2 for 4 with 3 ribbies. NL Pitchers are gonna have to learn to pitch around him. Dont expect him to see much to hit for a few games, but if he does, look out beyond.

Good move on Nevin. ;-D
Jorge

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby isis » Mon Jul 22, 2002 6:15 pm

Thanks for your feedback. I am concerned about Perez down the stretch and despite the fact that Bernie hit two HRs this w/e I don't like his power. Since I am last in Homeruns I figure its worth the gamble.

If these offers go through I would have given up:

Wood, Perez, Bernie, Juan Acevedo, Santiago

for

Zito, Edgar Martinez, Nevin, Kendall
isis
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers