other owner supposedly accidently accepted a trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

other owner supposedly accidently accepted a trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fireball Express » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:49 pm

Something similar happens in my $$$$ league every year. Someone drops the wrong guy, then claims he didn't mean to do it. So far every time it has happened the commish has let the dummy pick him back up, with one twist. He must pick him up off of Waivers and not as a Free Agent. This way his penalty for being a dumb ass is to lose his Waiver Priority Position.

Personally, I don't like it. It almost screwed me in a playoff game last season. The dumb ass was able to pick up another player while the dropped player waited on waivers. This was like having an extra roster spot. Needless to say, I was pissed off. I believe that you should sleep in the bed you make.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:49 am

Fireball Express wrote:Something similar happens in my $$$$ league every year. Someone drops the wrong guy, then claims he didn't mean to do it. So far every time it has happened the commish has let the dummy pick him back up, with one twist. He must pick him up off of Waivers and not as a Free Agent. This way his penalty for being a dumb ass is to lose his Waiver Priority Position.

Personally, I don't like it. It almost screwed me in a playoff game last season. The dumb ass was able to pick up another player while the dropped player waited on waivers. This was like having an extra roster spot. Needless to say, I was pissed off. I believe that you should sleep in the bed you make.

I don't know what league you're playing in but Yahoo won't let you do that. If you drop a player in Yahoo, you have to wait until he clears waivers and pick the player back up as a FA.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby great gretzky » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:52 am

they should jsut space the button out --a ccept should not be so close to reject.

I think if it happens and the person says it immediately, it should be honored. but if he waits like ten minutes or so -- too bad. I think in those situations, it is buyer's remourse.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:56 am

I think it depends: did he immediately go and say oops i accidentally accepted it please reverse? if so then yes i think you should reverse it and even leave a message giving it your blessing. However i would also leave a message saying something like "if you accidently trade one of those players to someone else in the near future i am going to have a MAJOR problem with that" because my thinking would be someone in the league saw the trade and said dude i would have given you player a and player b(better deal) for those guys which sparked his regret. Also, If he waited a few days or even a day then i would probably say tough.

INK
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers