other owner supposedly accidently accepted a trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

other owner supposedly accidently accepted a trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

other owner supposedly accidently accepted a trade?

Postby jpusl19 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:08 pm

I am in a 8 team yahoo league among friends and offered a trade to a guy in the league. I traded M. Young and M. Ordonez for K. Wood and C. Crawford, I felt that it was a fairly even trade but i definitely filled some holes in pitching and speed, so i was happy with the trade. Then the guy posts on the message board saying to reverse the trade because he accidentally accepted it, and we have no veto power over trades so the trade went through automatically. What normally happens whenever someone claims to accidentally accept a trade.
jpusl19
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shortsavage » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:14 pm

The Commish should play judge, making a ruling that will be the healthiest for the league.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby tmoney » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:41 pm

Usually the answer to this one it tough luck, he should have been more careful. I find that in this case the other owner is trying to make an excuse for not thinking a trade out and accepting it on "accident."

However, since you mentioned it was among friends, it may be a different case. I am guessing money is not involved, so it is not as big of a deal. If your other friends done mind, I suppose it cant hurt to reverse the trade. BUT, i dont know if that is possible in Yahoo leagues, and I dont know how you would go about that process. I think the commish would have to have the ability to edit both teams, which is an option to select before the season (I believe). I am not too familiar with Yahoo leagues because I am not very active in them, but something might be able to be worked out ONLY if everyone is ok with it.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dannahann » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:47 pm

We've always reversed them but then are leagues are longterm keeper types. I was recently the guy who was 'burned' by another saying he mistakenly accepted. I immediately posted my blessings for the commish to overturn. My only satisfation: knowing I can publicly ridicule my my uncareful compadre without recourse :-D
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby jpusl19 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:48 pm

While not being a whole lot, money is involved. The other owner basically didn't want the trade because he didn't want to get rid of Crawford. So was going to trade him crawford back for probably a pitcher or two in a deal that he would of been happy with. But the commisioner has just step in and edited our lineups without consulting me before reversing the trade which i think is BS. Because i felt it was a fairly even deal i don't think the commisioner has a right to step in, atleast if he does he should talk to me first.
jpusl19
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BGbootha » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:02 pm

Yeah i would agree with you there. I don't think the commish should do anything without the rest of the league at the very least knowing about it.

I have always been in favor of a commish who simply acts out the wishes of the league as a whole. Or with the leagues best interest in mind. It should be a democracy (or republic i guess) and not a dictatorship..

Going back to the first concern. If it is truly among friends i think you had the right idea getting back to him and figuring out why he wanted to decline the trade and working something out to make you both happy (ie. him getting crawford back)
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jpusl19 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:03 pm

Now that M. Young was returned back to me. The question is Giles or Young at second base, I have renteria at SS so i was trying to move Young because i felt that he could fetch the most and I wouldn't lose much if any production. What are some opinions
jpusl19
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby godallahstar » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:14 pm

it's very easy to accidently accept a trade in yahoo leagues.

take the guys word for it, and quit whining about it.

if you rely on people accidently accepting trades,
or try to get a leg up on the competition by that,
you're pretty lame.
godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby great gretzky » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:14 pm

i think it depends. did he post and email right away to the commish? I think that if he didn't, it is a ploy. i did it once and posted immediately after accepting. if like 20 muinutes pass or something like that, it is BS.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jpusl19 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:20 pm

Number one i'm not whining about it, the only thing that i said was BS was the fact that the commisioner reversed it without consulting me first. I was going to reverse it by trading him crawford back. The whole reason i posted was to see what everyone else does in this circumstance. Also i have moved on i.e my post now that young is coming back to me who do you prefer young, giles, or renteria.
jpusl19
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers