Chipper for Bagwell - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chipper for Bagwell

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chipper for Bagwell

Postby Cubs Fan » Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:37 am

I am in a Yahoo H2H 5x5 league.

Right now I have A Pujols playing first and Chipper playing third. I was offered Bagwell for Chipper. I would be moving A Pujols to third and playing Bagwell at first. I jumped all over this offer. What do you think? Is Bagwell a better bet for a big second half? Am I making a good move considering Bagwell is playing through nagging injuries?
Cubs Fan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby AirTimid » Fri Jul 19, 2002 11:39 am

I would have kept Chipper because Bags decline is most likely a result of the shoulder surgery he had. Conversely, Chipper is basically healthy and just underperforming. I think Chipper will have a better 2nd half, and Bagwell will probably play about the same.
AirTimid
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:35 pm

That's a difficult call. AirTimid's right about Bagwell's health; the trouble is that nobody seems to know what's wrong with Chipper, which makes his second half tough to project. He might bounce back in a big way, but I still think I'd be tempted to accept Bagwell, in part because Houston's entire lineup should become more productive.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers