Pick Up Wickman if you need another closer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pick Up Wickman if you need another closer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tribe Closer

Postby Ry-Guy » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:58 pm

I think this is a closer-by-committee in disguise. While Wickman will see most of the save chances, the other slobs in the Tribe's bullpen will get some save opps as well. This is a bullpen to be avoided, much like the messes in KC and Arizona. If Wickman saves 8 games from now until the end of the season, I'll be shocked.

Sadly for Cleveland fans, if management/ownership had just sprung for the 4 million Urbina wanted back in the Spring, the Tribe would probably have a 5 or 6 game lead right now in the Central Division.
Check out www.hardcorefantasybaseball.com
Ry-Guy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tribe Closer

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:04 pm

Ry-Guy wrote:I think this is a closer-by-committee in disguise. While Wickman will see most of the save chances, the other slobs in the Tribe's bullpen will get some save opps as well. This is a bullpen to be avoided, much like the messes in KC and Arizona.

yes wicker will not get work on consecutive nights. but my league after certain trades, some teams have about 4 or 5 closers and some teams have 2 or less or no closers.

i still have 3 (foulke, frasor and wickman). i traded valverde in a package deal for giles and i dropped affeldt last month.

now i am looking to trade foulke (in a package deal for nate robertson) and possibly another closer in a few days...

i could get nate robertson and freel for foulke, gathright and uribe, might get randy johnson for giles, baldelli and millwood and paul byrd for milton and wickman.

i just picked up wickman and i am looking at valverde or affeldt...these guys (along with frasor) could help me when if i face teams in my HTH league that are without a closer.

in other closers with few save opportunities news....

Jose Valverde - Relief Pitcher

Jose Valverde (shoulder, forearm) will try and extend his game of catch to 90 feet today.
He is at least a week away from returning to the mound. Jul. 21 - 12:03 pm et
Source: East Valley Tribune

LATEST NEWS
Diamondbacks manager Al Pedrique told the Arizona Republic that Jose Valverde (shoulder) won't begin a rehabilitation assignment for at least two weeks.
(Updated 07/19/2004).
FANTASY ANALYSIS
The Diamondbacks will use a closer-by-committee headed up by Mike Koplove, Greg Aquino and Brian Bruney until Valverde is ready to return.

he is on waivers in my league also....

;-)
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers