Boone - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Boone

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Boone

Postby mikcou » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:04 pm

Im suprised noone has brought this up. He had his 6 rbi night last night and seems to be looking better lately. Is he going to go on a hot streak in the second half?
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shakes » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:05 pm

if ehdoes anything besides go 0/4 i think its a hot streak :(
I'm a better lover when your drunk.
Shakes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mikcou » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:33 pm

true anything besides 0/4 would be improvement but he has shown that he has skills to be a good hitter....
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby perlick29 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:52 pm

He might also be showing signs of age and that he's not on the juice anymore.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Chopper » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:35 pm

I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm not convinced that personal distractions haven't played a part in his struggles. His grandfather's stroke, along with his wife pregnant with twins....who knows. I just hope that the youth infusion gets these guys motivated. I heard Boone in a radio interview a little over a month ago and he was NOT impressive. Bitter and disappointed. He called baseball a "job" --- he faulted the starting pitching (who were actually doing pretty well), and he didn't sound like the leader the M's expect.
Lately, I've heard nothing negative from him, wife and twins are apparently doing well.... We'll see... maybe along with Winn's rediscovered bat, Bucky and Travis and other call-ups, etc. this guy will get excited about baseball again.
Blessed are the cheesemakers.
Chopper
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Precise » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:09 pm

he will be a borderline top 5 fantasy 2b option in the second hlaf- maybe 12 hr, 40 rbi, 40 runs, 8 steals .280?

if he does that i will be more than happy. that still projects to roughly a 23 hr, 80 rbi, 75 runs, 15 steal, .255 season. not bad considering i acquired him by trading bagwell. i was still hoping for 30 hr 100 rbi 100 runs .290 tho :-P
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Longhorns76 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:26 pm

perlick29 wrote:He might also be showing signs of age and that he's not on the juice anymore.

Pure speculation. So his butt isn't as big as many of you have noticed (I failed to look at his butt). Please if you are going to accuse him of juicing, give me a trail and some justification. I'm not saying that he hadn't as I don't know. At least Giambi, Shef, and Bonds have some sort of trail for an accuser. Is Bret a member of club? And until MLB releases those names that were tested positive for drugs, please use your wording more carefully as you not only get others annoyed like myself but you do not leave any proof of your accusation. I guess you can start accusing Clemens next or Lance Armstrong because someone else said they *might* have done it.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GrimZeke007 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:30 pm

what r your projections for this half? why do you think he's struggling? ie: injury, bad eye at the plate, lack of strength, bad lineup? or was it just because of family matters? could you plez rank him among other 2nd basemen?
<a href="http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2242053#2242053">Help rate my team!</a>
GrimZeke007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby perlick29 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:38 pm

Longhorns76 wrote:
perlick29 wrote:He might also be showing signs of age and that he's not on the juice anymore.

Pure speculation. So his butt isn't as big as many of you have noticed (I failed to look at his butt). Please if you are going to accuse him of juicing, give me a trail and some justification. I'm not saying that he hadn't as I don't know. At least Giambi, Shef, and Bonds have some sort of trail for an accuser. Is Bret a member of club? And until MLB releases those names that were tested positive for drugs, please use your wording more carefully as you not only get others annoyed like myself but you do not leave any proof of your accusation. I guess you can start accusing Clemens next or Lance Armstrong because someone else said they *might* have done it.

Nope I have no proof, if it offends so many I wont say it, even though I was making a joke about the steroids part and not the signs of age.

The only minimal attempt at proof I could offer would be to say that 1) he never hit more than 24 hr's until he hit 37 in 2001 at the age of 32. Nothing suspicious he had only 19 the year before.
2) His neck might be the thickest in all of baseball, probably not steroid related.

All speculation, just thought I would point out some interesting facts. The one about his neck, that is irrefutable. I definitely think he is aging quickly.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Longhorns76 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:55 pm

If I see the lineup the Mariners had I would grow old pretty fast as well. :-)
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers