Jose Guillen - what the hell is going on? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose Guillen - what the hell is going on?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jose Guillen - what the hell is going on?

Postby ny69mets86 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:07 pm

Is he hurt? Hasn't been in the lineup the past 2 days....
ny69mets86
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tmoney » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:24 pm

I dont know, I am a little worried. I just read this on Rotoworld.

Jose Guillen, scratched yesterday supposedly because he needed a day off, is out of the lineup again tonight.
Something is going on here. Maybe the Angels will reveal his injury later on this evening. Jul. 19 - 9:01 pm et
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bogie » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:35 pm

I thought Guillen was getting the day off yesterday because he was 2-17 lifetime against Schilling. Have not seen anything else yet about today.
bogie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tmoney » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:36 pm

bogie wrote:I thought Guillen was getting the day off yesterday because he was 2-17 lifetime against Schilling. Have not seen anything else yet about today.

That does not explain why he would be out again tonight. I remember him having a back problem a few weeks ago, hopefully it is nothing bad.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby T-Bone Costanza » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:01 pm

Isn't Jose Guillen one of these gutsy "tough guys" who is known for playing through pain? It might be something bad if he's forced out twice in a row.
T-Bone Costanza
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tmoney » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:06 pm

T-Bone Costanza wrote:Isn't Jose Guillen one of these gutsy "tough guys" who is known for playing through pain? It might be something bad if he's forced out twice in a row.

Yea he is, remember earlier this season when he sprained his right knee and ankle while sliding into second base and had to be carted off the field? Everyone was saying he was DL bound, but he returned after missing only one game. I hope this is nothing bad, but we will just have to wait and see i guess.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mr Last Place » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:08 pm

He played in last years playoffs with a broken hand or something
Mr Last Place
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tmoney » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:35 pm

I just read this on the Angels website. Not sure what to take from it, but it is his back as I thought it was. He should probably be back soon.

Left fielder Jose Guillen missed his second straight start because of lingering lower back stiffness that began on the road trip before the All-Star break and has flared up in recent days, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said.

Jeff DaVanon started in left in Monday's game against Cleveland, with Tim Salmon taking over designated hitter duties.

Scioscia said he didn't think it was a major concern and didn't rule out the possibility of Guillen pinch-hitting late in Monday's game. He also said the team hadn't ordered any tests on Guillen's back and didn't plan to.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tmoney » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:16 am

Anyone think Guillen is going to sit out again tomorrow? He is day to day, and this seems like one of those things that they keep saying that he will be back tomorrow, but he doesnt play. I am not sure about this one for tomorrow.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:08 am

Mr Last Place wrote:He played in last years playoffs with a broken hand or something

...and batted over .400 while playing through the injury. I hope that Garrett Anderson's back is not contagious.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers