Oakland A's
49%
Anahiem Angels
25%
Seattle Mariners
1%

Total votes : 72

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:08 am

If Texas can beat up on the As and Angels in the next few series, they will all but have the divison locked up, just like what the Cards did to my Cubbies :~( Texas-St. Louis WS , the 2 best infields in the game!
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Aggie_Eric98 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:59 pm

well its been a month since I first posted the poll, has anyone changed there mind?

Oakland 67-52
Texas 66-52 .5
Anaheim 65-54 2.0
seattle 45-73 21.5 (.381)

Will Ichiro finish with a higher BA than seattle has winning percentage?
Aggie_Eric98
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:45 pm

Nope. I will still take the A's to win the division. Although it's a lot more likely that Texas can take the WC than I would have thought when this was first posted. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:09 pm

Nope. I'm still down for the Rangers. B-)

Been a very interesting season so far, and only going to get better. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kingsac » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:13 pm

Madison wrote:Nope. I'm still down for the Rangers. B-)

[/b]STILL??? down for the Rangers? Please you had them finishing at best third/forth with Oakland at the start of the year. You had Seatle finishing in front of them for godsake! Texas can't hang with oakland when it comes to the final push. Our rotation is too strong and our bats are just heating up (-dye).
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:33 pm

Kingsac wrote:
Madison wrote:Nope. I'm still down for the Rangers. B-)

[/b]STILL??? down for the Rangers? Please you had them finishing at best third/forth with Oakland at the start of the year. You had Seatle finishing in front of them for godsake! Texas can't hang with oakland when it comes to the final push. Our rotation is too strong and our bats are just heating up (-dye).

Look at the first page of the thread. B-) Yes, preseason I said they would battle with the A's for third but since the break, I've said they have a solid chance of winning the division.

The A's just don't have the bats and the pitchers are getting frustrated. You can see it on their faces and in their actions. They know they have to dominate since the hitting stinks and it's taking a toll on them.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:56 pm

Madison wrote:The A's just don't have the bats and the pitchers are getting frustrated. You can see it on their faces and in their actions. They know they have to dominate since the hitting stinks and it's taking a toll on them.
Mad, I don't know why you think this but the A's offense isn't that bad. It is not a juggernaut but they rank 10th in OPS and 11th in Run scored in all of MLB.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 381)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:41 pm

You have to cut Madison a little slack. He's a Texas fan so there is going to be a little homer-ism creeping in BUT the A's are less of a sure thing than some of you guys are suggesting. I'll pick the A's because they have a history (recently) of winning these races but it's so close that I wouldn't consider wagering real money. I also doubt whether the Rangers' pitching will hold up but I've been wondering that all season long and they keep proving me wrong. It wouldn't surprise me terribly if Texas won the division. The A's aren't that good. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bloody Nipples » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:04 pm

I like the Rangers here.When their bats get hot like they were earlier, they are the best offensive team in the majors (and they will be for a long time with Teix, Soriano, Blalock, Young, Laird, etc.). If Blalock sustains his minny two game hot-streak and the rest of that infield hits like they should, look for the Rangers to blow past the A's. Pitching has been a question all year long, but somehow it has held together for them. If they can get a lead into the 8th inning, they have two guys, Almanzar and Cordero, who can shut the game down. Cordero is IMO the best young closer in the game.

I would love to see a Texas/St. Louis WS, two teams with great offenses and questioned pitching which has held up all year. (Of course, I would like the Giants to beat St Louis, but we are being realistic here. :~(
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kingsac » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:04 pm

The A's bats don't stink. Okay Dye and Crosby have cooled off and that sucks, but the rest of the team is playing very well. Kotsay is having a MONSTER second half. Byrnes, Chavez, Hatteberg, and Durazo are hitting very well. Plus the A's have a great Defense to go with a great bullpen. The A's are without a doubt going to win the West. No way Texas comes back, they have no rotation, and have power outages just as often as Oakland does. The difference is in the pitching and we hold 3 aces!
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers