Cafe Challenge standings. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cafe Challenge standings.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cafe Challenge standings.

Postby Erboes » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:30 am

For all those who remember and care about the Cafe Challenge, here are the present standings. The purpose of the league was to prove once and for all who the best was among members of the Cafe and that Jackal's an idiot. The first part has not been proven, but I think the second part there is little question.

1 Erboes 96
2 DK 78.5
3 Coke609 76
4 Cornbread 72
5 DK: 67 -2
6 Tribe-Fan 65
7 Mikcou 63
8 Swinger 61
9 Jackal 57.5
10 MrMarleys 51.5
11 Bell 48.5
12 Manutd 44

Please recall that Jackal and I had a bet in which I gave him 5 points and the loser was to change his name on the Cafe, so unless Jackal makes a strong push he is supposed to change his username to "Rotoguys" after the completion of the season. I don't know if I'll hold him to it, however, since I don't want our name soiled by such an idiot.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1433
Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:42 am

Nice.

In Jackal's defence, he is in second place in a cafe NL only league (we won't mention where I am - I must have had a very bad day) so maybe its those AL players screwing him up.

How is Rotoguys doing?
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 277)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:48 am

Why do I think the only reason this was posted by Erboes is because Erboes is winning ;-)
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby shortsavage » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:01 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Nice.

In Jackal's defence, he is in second place in a cafe NL only league (we won't mention where I am - I must have had a very bad day) so maybe its those AL players screwing him up.

How is Rotoguys doing?


He is in third now :*) .
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:02 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:Why do I think the only reason this was posted by Erboes is because Erboes is winning ;-)


I remember Erboes posting standings when his and Jackals' postions were reversed as well.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 277)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:09 am

Hey it was a joke. Thats what the ;-) was for.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby Erboes » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:12 am

I've been winning for a while, but I promised that I'd have updates from time to time and I've reneged on that pledge, so a mid-season one I felt obliged to give.

Rotoguys.com is doing great. We've made a nice profit over the baseball season, which is excellent for a start up business. We're also kicking off Rotoguys football this week, so we're moving forward. We're also going to be in the experts football draft during the Fantasy Sports Trade Association convention the first week in September in Vegas. Next spring we'll be in the one for baseball.

To give an honest critique of our site, the projections have been excellent (this is no empty boast either. We've been comparing them to other pay, free and magazine projections throughout the season and we're beating them all), the babes have gotten much hotter (check out the latest. You can access the spread for free.), but the daily content of it has been a struggle.

I didn't intend to make this an advertisement. Sorry. I know there were many here who had much animosity for our endeavor, so I'm afraid I gave them more ammo.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1433
Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:47 am

Erboes wrote:To give an honest critique of our site, the projections have been excellent (this is no empty boast either. We've been comparing them to other pay, free and magazine projections throughout the season and we're beating them all),


How's the Larry Walker projection turning out? :-D

Just giving you a hard time. Lol. :-b

Anyway, the real reason why I'm in this thread was that I thought Jackal had to change his avatar :-? . I remember the challenge when it came about and had it been his name, I'd have mentioned that changing names isn't something that happens here. :-? Avatars and sigs are wide open though. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby mikcou » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:02 am

my team keeps slipping :-o
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2060
Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Re: Cafe Challenge standings.

Postby DK » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:22 am

Erboes wrote:For all those who remember and care about the Cafe Challenge, here are the present standings. The purpose of the league was to prove once and for all who the best was among members of the Cafe and that Jackal's an idiot. The first part has not been proven, but I think the second part there is little question.

1 Erboes 96
2 DK 78.5
3 Coke609 76
4 Cornbread 72
5 DK: 67 -2
6 Tribe-Fan 65
7 Mikcou 63
8 Swinger 61
9 Jackal 57.5
10 MrMarleys 51.5
11 Bell 48.5
12 Manutd 44

Please recall that Jackal and I had a bet in which I gave him 5 points and the loser was to change his name on the Cafe, so unless Jackal makes a strong push he is supposed to change his username to "Rotoguys" after the completion of the season. I don't know if I'll hold him to it, however, since I don't want our name soiled by such an idiot.


Huh? I'm in second AND fifth?

That doesn't happen often...

I'm actually in 5th. The Merovingian is in 2nd.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Laicekl and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact