Jorge Julio? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jorge Julio?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jorge Julio?

Postby NY1b23 » Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:00 pm

I was never banking on him for 40 saves or anything, but I was banking on A closer with a sub 3.50 era? Does he keep his job all year? Trade him now, even if I can't get much, or just see what happens? Need 3 closers. Other 2 are Williams, Looper.
NY1b23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chiggidy Chester » Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:20 pm

He's better than looper. That would be the weak spot in your closing ranks despite current statistics. I don't see Looper keeping his job all year. I picked up Julio last season when he got the closing job and he did great for me. He was inconsistent at times but overall gave me the saves I needed. Closers don't pitch enough innings to put too much stock in their ERA. It factors in much less than the ERA performance of your starters.
Chiggidy Chester
College Coach
College Coach

Postby NY1b23 » Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:24 pm

He WAS consistent with his ERA last year and has been consistently wild this year. You're not going to save 40 games for the Orioles, so if he has a redeeming quality, it should be his ERA. But if his ERA is just average or high, he's worth very little. Looper is on a better team and did not blow saves when he had the job at the end of the year. Any other opinions?
NY1b23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers