Rico's First Half Surprises - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rico's First Half Surprises

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rico's First Half Surprises

Postby shortsavage » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:37 am

Rico posted this in the cheering forum, so I thought I would place it where it will get more views.

Rico The Retard wrote:This is my list of Suprises for the 1st half you may agree with me or you may disagree with me but I just hope you enjoy it. Please reply and speak your mind if about my picks if you would like.

AL Picks

Catcher-Victor Martinez-Has done a great job leading the Indians in his first full season. He has been great and should keep performing well.

1st Baseman-David Ortiz-A player expected to be a bust by many has proved he is an all star caliber player by leading the AL in RBI's. He will continue to fascinate and expect his numbers to go up because now that Nomar is back for the 2nd half.

2nd Baseman-Michael Young-Thought to be just a average player has proved he is not by fitting in just fine with the Rangers batting.

3rd Baseman-Melvin Mora-Although he is on the DL and is probably going to fade in the 2nd half he has put up extroadinary numbers for the Orioles in what is to be assumed by many as his Career year.

Shortstop-Carlos Guillen-This one is just easy. Guillen was considered a terrible fantasy player, so terrible that Seattle didn't even want him but coming to Detroit must've boosted his spirits because he has been playing as not just better than normal but he has been playing just as good as some of the great shortstops and he is probably one of your best fantasy bets at short.

OF-Matt Lawton- Who would've ever thought this guy was even going to be this good. He has stunned the fantasy world by putting great numbers considering he was never even drafted in some leagues. He might fade a little but he will still get the job done for you.

OF-Jermaine Dye- After coming off surgery that disabled him from baseball for a while he has put up quite a good season considering being drafted very low. He will still continue to put up good numbers.

OF-Carl Crawford- Isn't that much of a surprise but we thought he was only good for stolen bases turns out he can run and bat for a good average also.

SP-Cliff Lee- I think Bartolo Colon should actually get this.... just kidding seeing if you were paying attention. Has put up some good numbers with a not so hot pitching staff by getting quite a few K's, good ERA, and also 9 wins for this rookie pitcher.

RP-Joe Nathan- Great pitcher that was never considered to be good is having a debatable Cy young season.

NL Picks

Catcher-Craig Wilson-On a struggling offense him and Jack Wilson have led the way putting up big numbers along with his 17 homers. He will continue to astonish by putting up even better numbers than in the 1st half.

1st Baseman-Lyle OVerbay-Thought to be nothing in the Richie Sexson trade he has proved to be the best part of the trade this year by posting big RBI numbers and a high average.

2nd baseman-Tony Womack- During spring training he didn't even have a team but this veteran was signed by the Cardinals just before the season started proving to be a valuable asset to the team.

3rd baseman-Adrian Beltre- Despite having a nagging shoulder all year he has finally broke out of his shell proved to be the player he was meant to be after having some struggling seasons. You should watch him for the 2nd half because he does have that shoulder that could possibly ruin his fantasy season.

OF-Bobby Abreu-Not Exactly a suprise because he has always been a great player it is just it is a surprise to see him on top of the player rater in many websites such as Yahoo or ESPN.

OF-JD Drew- Finally he is having the season we have all wanted since he was drafted. Expect his numbers to stay good maybe even better if the Joneses perform and when Giles comes back.

OF-Jeromy Burnitz-I know it is just the Coors Field effect but who cares because he has put up some good numbers. His stats will probably start to cool down though in the 2nd half so watch him closely.

SP-Tie between Oliver Perez and Carl Pavano- Oliver Perez because this young pitcher has been leading the Pirates staff and has been at top of the leaderboard in K's. And Carl Pavano because finally getting out of Montreal he has showed his stuff that he has always had by becoming a leader of that staff.

RP-Danny Graves-Nobody even thought he would be closing at the beginning of the season hearing all about Ryan Madson but Graves has proved he is still a great closing by leading the league in saves.

Those are my 1st half surprises and i hope you enjoyed them.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:02 am

I am still forcasting a Pavano downfall after the break-up with Alyssa Milano, and I will completely understand. Not many men in the world would be able to continue to focus under a severe depression.

Pre-Milano break-up numbers
9-2 2.78 ERA .214 Opp BA

Post-Milano break-up numbers
0-2 3.46 ERA .327 Opp BA

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby shortsavage » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:49 am

Tavish wrote:I am still forcasting a Pavano downfall after the break-up with Alyssa Milano, and I will completely understand. Not many men in the world would be able to continue to focus under a severe depression.

9-2 2.78 ERA .214 Opp BA

0-2 3.46 ERA .327 Opp BA

LOL :-D

On a similar note, does anyone know if Hideki Matsui has a Sunday religious practice or anything? His Sunday box scores always seem superior to his for the rest of the week :-? .
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby KULCAT » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:55 am

Tavish wrote:I am still forcasting a Pavano downfall after the break-up with Alyssa Milano, and I will completely understand. Not many men in the world would be able to continue to focus under a severe depression.

9-2 2.78 ERA .214 Opp BA

0-2 3.46 ERA .327 Opp BA

Seriously, Pavano´s numbers are just too good right now. He hasnt pitched bad lately but he is allowing a lot of hits. 18 in his last 2 starts i think and that will probably catch up to him. And if he thinks he can get better than Alyssa Milano he should go talk to the lead singer of Remy Zero.
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby ntrdame316 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:41 pm

Pavano's numbers should be good from here on out, he is in a contract year. So once he gets the big contract after this year, he can get any girl he wants, and wont even remember Milano.
ntrdame316
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers