How do you use your bench? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How do you use your bench?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:42 am

I'm all about the multi-eligible players (I have M. Cab, Chipper, Freel, Reyes, and Infante) so I just keep one bench OFer, and move my multi-eligible guys around when someone has a day off. I don't worry about my cather days off, it's honestly not worth it.

I use one of my other bench spots on Tom Gordon. And my final one goes to either a spot starter, or a hot pitcher (currently Contreras).
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bunyan » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:00 am

just wondering slomo, why do you keep gordon on your bench, and a spot atarter there instead, what if your none of your SP's are starting, why would you keep gordon on the bench? i've seen people do this before but wonder why...you can't really predict when a reliever will be used...please explain...
bunyan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:19 am

bunyan wrote:just wondering slomo, why do you keep gordon on your bench, and a spot atarter there instead, what if your none of your SP's are starting, why would you keep gordon on the bench? i've seen people do this before but wonder why...you can't really predict when a reliever will be used...please explain...

Sorry, I guess I was kind of vague. What I meant was that I have 3 extra roster spots (spots that aren't filled by guys who I would never consider dropping). So I use one of them for an extra offensive player (so I sit one offensive person per day, usually depening on matchups if nobody is taking the day off). I also have Gordon occupying one of my extra spots (Yes, I play him everyday and have almost fallen in love with the guy...he's really helping my ratios tremendously). And my final extra roster spot is used by a spot starter, or the hottest mediocre pitcher on the WW.

See what I'm saying now, or still too vague?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby bunyan » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:25 am

i get it, makes sense ;-D
bunyan
College Coach
College Coach

Previous