Should I throw these owners out? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Should I throw these owners out?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should I throw these owners out?

Postby ny69mets86 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:46 pm

In my dynasty league, there's three owners who I want to throw out. A handful of owners have also named these three as the worst in the league. They rank last, next-to-last, and 4th to last in moves in a 14 team league. And while they set their lineups almost daily, they do nothing else, lack motivation to better their mediocre at best teams, and have not taken the time to befriend other owners in the league.

Toss em? If so, now or after the season?
ny69mets86
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:51 pm

I would KIND OF understand if these guys haven't looked at their teams since May, but you said it yourself, they are maintaining their teams everyday. Just because they dont want to be your friends doesnt mean they should be kicked out. Obviously they are trying and obviously they still give a damn, somewhat. That doesnt warrant a boot
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

re

Postby ny69mets86 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:56 pm

How are they trying? They set their team and that's probably all they do. They rarely bother with free agents and generally seem disinterested in trades. Before the season, I stressed the league was going to be diehard with a strong emphasis on community. They seem perfect for casual leagues, but not this one.....
ny69mets86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:02 pm

I think this sounds iffy.

Maybe they have players they think are good, who they don't want to dump or trade, but are having off years. If they care enough to maintain their team on a daily basis, I'm sure they'd take any trades or free agents they thought were worth-while.
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

re

Postby ny69mets86 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:07 pm

It's not like that at all. They basically distance themselves from the league. They are anywhere from 1400-2000 pts back of 1st place. Would it be wrong to toss them out now?
ny69mets86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Opinion Ape » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:16 pm

Just a couple of thoughts: First of all, don't throw them out now, for god's sake. What will you do with their players? Who will manage their teams? Mid-season "expansion" drafts are contenious, and having three dead teams in a dynasty league has to be worse than having three teams that maybe or may not be trying. I think throwing them out now would be a disaster.

Second, I have to say that I'm not sure you have grounds to throw them out -- especially if this is a money league and they've paid up. Have they broken any league rules? Violated an actual policy? It sounds like they're not in the spirit of the league, totally, but what if instead of being a little sluggish they made a ton of trades no one agreed with? Not collusive, just head-scratching. Would that be grounds to throw them out? No. And maybe this difference in managerial style is a difference of that type.

Finally, if you really decide you want them gone, can't you just not ask them back when things get rolling next year? I mean, since they're not friends with anyone anyway, who they going to complain to? An off-season re-drafting of their players could probably be done in a more fair manner than a mid-season re-drafting. Or maybe you could find owners to take over after the season . . . although you should be careful that the devil you don't know isn't worse than the one you do.

Anyway, just my two cents. It's your league, do whatever the hell you want, but a mid-season boot seems unfair and difficult to manage.

PS There always has to be someone in last. Can't always throw that person out.
Opinion Ape Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

re

Postby ny69mets86 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:21 pm

One of them took Bryan Bullington EIGHTH overall in our recent prospect draft. Over guys like Wright, McPherson, Kazmir, Felix Hernandez to name a few. I can't tell people HOW to manage their teams, but that bleeds incompetency.
ny69mets86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:23 pm

As long as they participate, I say keep them. At least through the season. Any decisions should be made after the season.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby eftda » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:29 pm

I'm not saying that you should or shouldn't kick them out, but I will be looking for a D. League this off season. :-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

re

Postby ny69mets86 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:34 pm

If anyone of them goes - and it's all but certain that at least one will eventually - I'll keep you mind. We're switching to Yahoo Plus next season, as free Yahoo doesn't have H2H pts (only have H2H roto)

.... figures to be about 8-9 bucks per owner.
ny69mets86
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers