Juan Gone? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Juan Gone?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Juan Gone?

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:08 pm

Anyone have an idea or guess at how well Juan Gonzalez will do this year? And the chances on him staying healthy for let's say 140 games?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby cwhitty » Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:01 pm

With injury-plagued players its impossible to project whether he'll play any amount of games. What I can say is that if he stays healthy for 140 games he will hit .300 with about 35 homers and 120 RBI. Like Kevin Brown, you'll never get what he's worth so your best bet is to hang on to him and hope he stays healthy.
cwhitty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NY1b23 » Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:17 pm

I think most people who'd take Gonzalez in a deal will insist on doing it factoring in too much injury risk. I think about Juan Gone alot differently than K. Brown. Brown feels more like he could go down at ANY moment - I'd get him off my hands. With Gonz., you'll probably do better riding him (especially if he's your 3rd or 4th OF) for all he's worth rather than trading him from someone who will undervalue him because of an exagerated injury risk.
NY1b23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gypsyspot » Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:56 pm

Im not so sure about riding Juan Gone. Ive heard that his thumb may still not be 100%. And he is pretty old. Old injury prone players tend to get injuries.
I know the future!!!!!!!
gypsyspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NY1b23 » Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:58 pm

Interesting. Where did you hear that about his thumb? And what were the details?
NY1b23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Chiggidy Chester » Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:10 pm

He doesn't need a thumb. He hits homeruns off of pitchers belonging to other people in your fantasy league with his middle finger.
Chiggidy Chester
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Matt » Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:46 pm

Yeah, where did you hear that, is he not healthy? He is only 33, he may not be in his prime but he is not old.
Matt
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby kcs261 » Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:29 pm

I think about Juan Gone alot differently than K. Brown. Brown feels more like he could go down at ANY moment

I'm sorry, but other than the last two seasons, Brown has been a healthy player. So while I recognize the risk, I don't totally understand these sentiments about Brown. He's healthy now & has been a healthy guy throughout his career. Some of you worry way too much. Also, Brian Giles just went down on my team. Who predicted that one? He's been an extremely durable player. So I'm going to stay out of the business of predicting injuries.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers