Soriano IS heating up big time!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano IS heating up big time!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bibsybob » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:38 am

maybe i should have placed more emphasis on the length and seriousness of the word "slump." my mentioning streakiness and K's should have done this already but its unfortunate your interpretation was so shallow. The extremity of the scale of streakiness, whether hot or cold is perfectly modelled by soriano. He can be hot and carry a team for a weak. However, he can be cold for a LONG time. Look at lasts years splits. He was basically cranking most of his homers and getting production at the beginning of the season and at the end (april and september). The rest of the time, he was K'ing like usual and killing a fantasy team...
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bibsybob » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:46 am

by the way, i have gotten rid of the red sox avatar. It is ppl like you who use it as a presupposition of personality/nature/intelligence that makes it so difficult to carry.

This act should not be perceived as disloyalty toward my beloved red sox, but rather, a means toward ensuring that fantasy discussion and communication through these forums is not hindered by something as shallow as what team i support.
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LBJackal » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:50 am

Yankee fans would try that but their unintelligence is too hard to hide so it's not worth taking down the avatar ;-7 .......... :-B

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:54 am

Soriano has lost a lot of value by not getting those SB's he was predicted to get. However, another big asset of his can't be taken away: eligibility at 2B. Based on his power and the lineup he's in, he's a first rounder. 30+ SB's would make him arguably the #1 or #2 pick, but he's still extremely valuable without them.

The debate over how much better he is than Michael Young is interesting. Young doesn't appear to be much worse.

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Baseballer02 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:24 am

LBJackal wrote:The debate over how much better he is than Michael Young is interesting. Young doesn't appear to be much worse.

Much is a pretty vague word, but I think Young is marginally worse than Soriano. Young will never have the pop, or the spot in the lineup to match Soriano's stats. If there's ever a year where Young is considered a 1st round draft pick, I'll eat this plastic cup that I hold in my hand at this very moment.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tavish » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:30 am

Baseballer02 wrote:
LBJackal wrote:The debate over how much better he is than Michael Young is interesting. Young doesn't appear to be much worse.

Much is a pretty vague word, but I think Young is marginally worse than Soriano. Young will never have the pop, or the spot in the lineup to match Soriano's stats. If there's ever a year where Young is considered a 1st round draft pick, I'll eat this plastic cup that I hold in my hand at this very moment.

Save that cup, I now plan on taking Young in the first round next year. I want pictures! :-D

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Baseballer02 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:08 am

Tavish wrote:
Baseballer02 wrote:

Save that cup, I now plan on taking Young in the first round next year. I want pictures! :-D

Let me rephrase that, if there's ever a year where the general population of fantasy baseball players consider Young a first round pick, I will then eat the plastic cup.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby LBJackal » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:10 am

Too late, you already said you'd eat it :-D

And if Young wasn't about to lose his 2B eligibility he might actually be a future 1st round pick.

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Baseballer02 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:15 am

LBJackal wrote:Too late, you already said you'd eat it :-D

And if Young wasn't about to lose his 2B eligibility he might actually be a future 1st round pick.

How long is Soriano under contract? Young could always gain that eligiblity back. It seems to me he'll be putting up around the same numbers that Derek Jeter put up in his prime years, and I don't think Jeter has ever been considered a 1st rounder. :-?
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby BoSox4life » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:18 am

Hope he busts out...just traded Rolen for him.
All I want out of life, is that when I walk down the street folks will say, "There goes the greatest hitter that ever lived."
--Ted Williams
BoSox4life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers