Rotoworld: Prior may start Tuesday. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rotoworld: Prior may start Tuesday.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rotoworld: Prior may start Tuesday.

Postby Opinion Ape » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:25 pm

Discuss & agonize:

There's a chance that Mark Prior could start Tuesday after tests found only irritation in the lining around his elbow.
Prior plans to play catch Saturday to test his arm. Even if he feels fine, the Cubs should play it safe and forget about having him start next week.
Opinion Ape Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby perlick29 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:28 pm

Take this story with a grain of salt. First he needed TJ, then it's inflammation, now irritation. There's certainly no time for relaxation, but we're all feeling intense frustration.

Seriously, if he starts on Tuesday, bench him. Who knows what he'll do.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:29 pm

I agree with Rotoworld, it's just not worth it to put him in a game next week, let throw on the side or just play some catch, but its just too big of a risk putting him in a game.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Rirruto » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:31 pm

perlick29 wrote:Take this story with a grain of salt. First he needed TJ, then it's inflammation, now irritation. There's certainly no time for relaxation, but we're all feeling intense frustration.

Dr. Seuss is alive and well :-D
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Runningman » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:45 pm

perlick29 wrote:Take this story with a grain of salt. First he needed TJ, then it's inflammation, now irritation. There's certainly no time for relaxation, but we're all feeling intense frustration.

Seriously, if he starts on Tuesday, bench him. Who knows what he'll do.

I never heard a credible source mention Tommy John surgery. Oh sorry, i messed up your pattern. Let me try again:

Initial fears were just speculation, he was never close to operation, rumors would have you belive he was close to amputation, but thanks to the doctors' investigation, and time which has led to his elbow's amelioration, the pain in his elbow has reached cessation, and given Prior only a short vacation, so to sit a top pick even through activation, would seem a gross misapplication
Runningman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby josebach » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:58 pm

Runningman, you say Chicago is your location. Are you sure you're not Haitian?
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rirruto » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:03 pm

Latest update:

Mark Prior threw for five minutes off flat ground today. He's scheduled to work off a mound tomorrow.
"He threw pretty much without pain," pitching coach Larry Rothschild said. "He threw breaking balls, he threw some fastballs with arm acceleration to them and everything came off pretty well." Although Rothschild appears optimistic, it doesn't appear very likely that Prior will pitch Tuesday. "It's possible, but I would be very guarded," Rothschild said. Jul. 17 - 4:52 pm et

Rotoworld 6/17
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby King Tim » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:09 pm

If he takes the mound anytime in the next 3 to 4 weeks, I don't see how this can turn out good. The Cubs need to baby him or Dusty might as well take a chain saw to his arm
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:41 pm

King Tim wrote:If he takes the mound anytime in the next 3 to 4 weeks, I don't see how this can turn out good. The Cubs need to baby him or Dusty might as well take a chain saw to his arm

They've got paid experts for this so I'm pretty sure they aren't gonna put him out there unless they're 100% sure he's fine. But this is also coming from me who is a Prior owner and NEEDS him badly. So if he says he can pitch.. LET HIM PITCH! ;-D
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thehat » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:40 pm

Dusty Baker has no say in this whatsoever. All decisions as to when Prior can or cannot pitch are made by Prior's dad and his agent. They ran the show during his absence earlier and things haven't changed. Prior has incredible talent...the guy is flat out great. But he's also incredibly protected.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers