Pick of the Litter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pick of the Litter

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pick of the Litter

Postby jtzombie » Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:34 am

Ok, I desperately need some pitching here. I currently have:
Paul Byrd, Jeff Suppan, Tomo Ohko, Woody Williams, Vicinte Padilla, Travis Driskill, Ramon Ortiz, Andy Ashby, and Brett Tomko as starting pitchers (although not all at once), and Mariano Rivera and Kelvim Escobar as relievers. Im looking at Elmer Dessens, Jon garland, Ryan Drese, and Brandon Duckworth from the FA list. I play in a 12 team league, so you can see that there is not much of a choice to pick up quality pitching. I need to eliminate some weak pitching and add one or two of the four. So who can offer :~( some expertise on this?
Thanks a million. Otay!!
jtzombie
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:06 am

I think Dessens' era is due to rise significantly. Garland still hasn't figured out how to pitch rather than throw - he still looks good in keeper leagues, but not if you need help this year. Even though he's inconsistent, I love Duckworth's potential. He could be very good very soon - the question is whether he can overcome his inconsistency and be of value this year.

I think I'd risk dropping Driskill for Duckworth, although I'd also consider using a middle reliever or two. If some of the top guys (Remlinger, for instance) are still available, they might help you more than an iffy starter (depending on your league format, of course).
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers