One of the craziest things I have seen in fantasy baseball. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

One of the craziest things I have seen in fantasy baseball.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby great gretzky » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:48 am

maybe he saw it as essentially guillen and rolen for bonds? the other stuff was extra. I would rather have rodriguez and rincon than boone too, if I had giles. I think he got more than he expexcted in the deal and feels compelled to drop boone. I don;t think he traded "for" boone, as much as traded for bonds. And I do this sometimes too -- take a player like boone and drop him (after i have shopped him though) taking a gamble that boone MAY come back strong and stack the team. at least this way, he improved his team and took a potential good player off the team he just traded with and gave him to another team.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:31 am

Tavish wrote:
ocmusicjunkie wrote:
Madison wrote:By any chance does the team he traded with have #1 waiver priority?

Hey Madison... you gotta step over from the dark side and start throwing Columbia stuff. :-D

Bah, I've been throwing an Xtreme the last couple years, the backend hook I get is a thing of beauty. ;-D

Columbia just isn't making anything that works with my game. I tried the Throttle/R and it was ok, but not a really big deal. Pretty much everything else of theirs I have tried hasn't worked well at all for me. I know people who use Columbia stuff and score just fine, but it just doesn't match up with my game very well.

Tavish, an original Xtreme? The XXX-Xtreme just hit stores a couple of weeks ago. Good piece of equipment. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby LBJackal » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:54 am

I use the 14 pound ball that's got the fewest chips out of it........ I almost got 200 once :-D (got 199... damn, so close)

My 5 pin record is 307. I had 7 strikes in a row, and going for the 8th with everybody in the alley watching I threw a gutter ball :~(

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:29 am

LBJackal wrote:I use the 14 pound ball that's got the fewest chips out of it........ I almost got 200 once :-D (got 199... damn, so close)

My 5 pin record is 307. I had 7 strikes in a row, and going for the 8th with everybody in the alley watching I threw a gutter ball :~(

Don't feel too bad, a teammate of mine threw the embarrasing 290, the next week I choked and threw a 295. Ball felt like it was 25 pounds and covered in lane oil.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby jebatzel » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:59 am

well I got a reply to my message.

That was a 3 for 3 trade with the 2 pitchers pretty much a wash. I was really just trading Rolen and Guillen for Bonds and only intended to keep Boone until Giles came off the DL (which he has)Maybe you should claim him off waivers (I can use the help catching you) He's having a terrible year on a terrible team. I don't see his year getting much better unless he's traded to the Yankees or something
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby brdmaverick » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:50 am

Andy1234 wrote:Just saw the trade, Its not unthinkable that he dropped him. Looks like he traded for Bonds and Boone was just a throw in.

Seriously, How much can you really get for Boone in a trade?

agreed, I think he is just a throw in.

Two weeks into the year, I offered a guy in my league Luis Castillo/Milton Bradley for Michael Young straight up (had a hunch).

Well, the group of guys we are playing with are veto-happy, so the other guy actually declined the trade and reproposed a deal of....

I give: L.Castillo/M.Bradley
I get: M.Young/A.Gonzalez

I guess he thought he was making the deal more 'fair' to quiet some potential vetoes and disputes.

Well, needless to say, I dropped Gonzalez as soon as I got him.
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pomplona's finest » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:33 am

I dont understand this at all

uh huh :-?
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:08 pm

This reminds me of something in my league last year. A kid dropped Tom Glavine and Greg Maddux when they were still fairly big names. I picked them both up and a week and a half later I traded them both to him for Mark Mulder. ;-D :-D
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Trot Nixon » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:24 pm

I traded Boone and Bellhorn for Edmonds and Carpenter ;-D ;-D ;-D :-b
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Chopper » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:22 pm

jebatzel wrote:well I got a reply to my message.

That was a 3 for 3 trade with the 2 pitchers pretty much a wash. I was really just trading Rolen and Guillen for Bonds and only intended to keep Boone until Giles came off the DL (which he has)Maybe you should claim him off waivers (I can use the help catching you) He's having a terrible year on a terrible team. I don't see his year getting much better unless he's traded to the Yankees or something

Good explanation. Nothing wrong there. At all. AKhome was right on from the start.
Especially like that he didn't get testy when asked for an explanation as a lot of guys seem to.
Blessed are the cheesemakers.
Chopper
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers