How does my team stack up @ the half? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How does my team stack up @ the half?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How does my team stack up @ the half?

Postby jbird669 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:31 pm

Hey guys,
In my 5x5 $290 cap keeper league. I currently sit fourth out of 10, 19 points out of first, but only 8 out of second. I am last in average, and 9th in steals, but other than that, I am no lower than 5 in any other category. I am currently working out a deal for Mike Lowell, a tradtional poor second half performer. Any thoughts on how I can improve? If this helps, please find our league salaries here: http://mysite.verizon.net/ctspizit/index.htm Whoever is not listed there is a $1. Thanks, and I'd be more than happy to assist you with your team! Oh, and we start 9 hitters: one for each position and a DH, and 9 pitchers.
Starters:
C Craig Wilson $10
1b Sean Casey $17
2b Rafael Furcal $19
3B Mike Lowell $17
SS Juan Uribe $2
OF Brian Giles $33
OF Matt Lawton $14
OF Jermaine Dye $11
DH Eric Chavez $20
P Roy Oswalt $22
P Javier Vasquez $12
P Mark Mulder $26
p Paul Wilson $3
P Joel Pineiro $15
P Shinjo Takatsu $4
P Latroy Hawkins $10
P Billy Wagner $32
P Ugueth Urbina $1

Reserves
C Dan Wilson $1
1b Justin Morneau $1
CO Chad Tracy $1
MI Jolbert Cabrera $1
OF Jorge Cantu $1
OF David DeJesus $1
P Brad Halsey $1

Total Cap: $275

Thanks!
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benjapage » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:49 pm

i think it stacks up well, but if you can get value for paul wilson, that would be a good thing. i would look for an upgrade over uribe--i think his value is as high as it's going to be all season.

i'm not a believer in halsey, so if you found a believer out there, i would work that angle.

best of luck. thanks for your help on mine.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby kleinas » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:59 pm

Personally I wouldn't Carry Contu...you should look into seeing if Joey Gathright is available in your FA pool...he's exactly what you're looking for...a speedster that hits for average...plus he's a keeper...I just picked him up myself, he's due to be back up in the bigs in early August...and even if he doesn't play full time he'll still swipe a bunch of bags...you could also try and deal Lowell to get Chone Figgins and a Catcher...Lowell's a notorious 2nd half slumper...he killed me last year.
kleinas
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby CubbiesWS04 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:28 pm

First Halsy IS worthless. I love Morneau. I also am not a big believer in Uribe. Try to get a better second baseman or ss (you can interchange Furcal). I think Furcal will have a good second half with Giles back. Your pitching is good but two of your closers may not be closers by the deadline. The cubs are looking for a closer and Urbina may be a set up man (or a closer for the Cubs). Otherwose I think your team stacks up pretty well.
CubbiesWS04
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jbird669 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:28 pm

Thanks for your input. I will be trading Lowell today, and putting Chavez there. Gantu is a roster requirement pick, he never gets any stats cuz I don't play him. Gathraight is taken in my league, that is why I got him in the first place. I have Paul Wilson going with Lowell, and plan on getting Oliver Perez and Steve Finley for Lowell and Wilson.
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team