NOMAR to the CUBS heating up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

NOMAR to the CUBS heating up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BigMusky » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:47 pm

The best soccer to watch is little kids playing everyweek at the state fair grounds. At least they score and I do not have to watch the ball bounce around for ten minutes before a scoring chance occurs. pro soccer is horrible because it is like slow motion hockey aka NHL 95 after you have been playing NHL 2004

I did get excited watching the US on the worldcup run recently, but I think that had less to do with soccer and more the US patriotism.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:24 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Hey hockey fans, look on the bright side: at least your more popular on TV then soccer ;-D . If anyone wants to debate with me about why soccer doesn't suck, lets get this party started then!

There's really no need to discuss our subjective reasons as to why we like 1 or the other. ;-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:28 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:Hey hockey fans, look on the bright side: at least your more popular on TV then soccer ;-D . If anyone wants to debate with me about why soccer doesn't suck, lets get this party started then!

There's really no need to discuss our subjective reasons as to why we like 1 or the other. ;-)

No need to discuss it because it's pretty obvious. Hockey is a man's sport and soccer is a good sport for pre-pubescent girls. :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:30 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

No need to discuss it because it's pretty obvious. Hockey is a man's sport and soccer is a good sport for pre-pubescent girls. :-b

That's exactly why I didn't want to go there. I prefer hockey but to each his own. I just didn't want to turn this into another politics discussion. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:43 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

That's exactly why I didn't want to go there. I prefer hockey but to each his own. I just didn't want to turn this into another politics discussion. :-°

I know. Thats's why I said it. Not to start a political debate but just for the sake of being a wise ass. Hopefully most people will realize I was just being sarcastic. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Danimal » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:52 pm

Go Komets! (enough with hockey)

Now, back to baseball.
Is the Nomar trade rumor dying? Anyone think this will happen? What prospects would the Cubs offer up?
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WeaponsMasProduction » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:00 pm

i really hope it dies. i dont want to see randy with the red sox OR the yankees.
WeaponsMasProduction
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Danimal » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:14 pm

I'm in an NL-only league and have two Cub prospects on my bench. If they are part of the deal, I could snag Nomar because the team who has RJ is ahead of me in the standings. Keeping my fingers crossed.... B-)
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby frog99 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:24 pm

Cubs fans, who would the cubs be contributing to the deal? It is easy to speculate about trades just saying prospects, but do the cubs actually have any blue chips in their sustem? I know if it is a two team trade (much more likely midseason than Nomar to a third team) the Red Sox have more talent on the farm than the yankees (they didn't have enough to get Betran or Garcia-both freeagents- what makes anyone think they have a enough to get RJ with still a year left on his deal)...

...I guess just becuase you can spend 200 million a year doesn't mean you can ignore the draft after all... Sorry George. ;-)
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:48 pm

Here's some links. Not sure that any of these guys will be totally worth Nomar/ Unit type of deal but I will certainly keep my fingers crossed.

http://cubs.theinsiders.com/2/89208.html

this next one has some more detailed, albeit subjective, annotations:

http://www.all-baseball.com/cubreporter/archives/2004_01.html#008693

http://www.nsbb.com/Articles/ArticleText.php?ArticleID=49

Again, I'm not sure that these guys will pan out or excite the Red Sox or Diamondbacks enough to unload Nomar our way but if I were Jim Hendry, I would not hesitate to do that at this time. The hole(s) in the bottom of the Cubs batting order have really proven frustrating to watch this year.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers