NOMAR to the CUBS heating up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

NOMAR to the CUBS heating up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:53 am

Shakes wrote:
MashinSpuds wrote:I read that RJ isn't exactly the best of buddies with Schilling, so we might as well count that out as a reason to go to the Sox. I have a feeling he'll be a Yankee if he's not a D'back, with prospects from a 3rd team going to Arizona. (sigh)

I was under the impression that randy and schilling were very close friends. Enough so that even there families got toghter a decent amount

That's what I've always heard as well...don't read too much into that story, I think it was very inaccurate.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Registered_Guest » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:09 pm

In other news in the sports world, hockey has gone on strike. I have no links for this and none are to be expected anytime soon.

Word has it when hockey season rolls around and no games are being played, they want to see if anyone actually notices...

Or cares. ;-D
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MashinSpuds » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:16 pm

Registered_Guest wrote:In other news in the sports world, hockey has gone on strike. I have no links for this and none are to be expected anytime soon.

Word has it when hockey season rolls around and no games are being played, they want to see if anyone actually notices...

Or cares. ;-D

I've already simulated next season on NHL '04 so they don't have to bother. Fyi, Red Wings win.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby MashinSpuds » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:20 pm

Shakes wrote:I was under the impression that randy and schilling were very close friends. Enough so that even there families got toghter a decent amount

I got my info from Rotoworld:

It appears that Randy Johnson wouldn't mind pitching for the Yankees, but he doubts New York has the prospects to satisfy Arizona in a trade.
[snip]...As for other possible destinations for Johnson; the tall left-hander did not seem all that keen about joining the Red Sox. He still has a rocky relationship with former teammate and current Boston pitcher Curt Schilling...

[shrug] Rotoworld has agents everywhere!
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby kaz » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:01 pm

:*) Sorry, I got too excited when I heard
"They invented the All-Star Game for Willie Mays." -Ted Williams
kaz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:35 pm

Registered_Guest wrote:In other news in the sports world, hockey has gone on strike. I have no links for this and none are to be expected anytime soon.

Or cares. ;-D

I'm begining to think that we should contract down to the Original Six teams (Montreal, Toronto, Detriot, Chicago, NY and Boston) maybe replace Chicago with Ottawa - and let the rest of you ingrates survive without hockey.

Why do we even bother to spread our wonderful game and lend out our best athletes to those who don't appreciate them? (besides that fact that 90% of the Tampa Bay, Fla/Miam and Arizona fans are Canadians wintering in the south).

We even allowed Gagne, Matt Stairs and Larry Walker stop playing hockey and let them play baseball - and this is the gratitude we get - sighh
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby tmoney » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:49 pm

:-D
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BigMusky » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:57 pm

Why would you take hockey from Chicago to put in the hell whole known as Ottowa. Chicago is one of the best hockey towns in the states.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:05 pm

BigMusky wrote:Why would you take hockey from Chicago to put in the hell whole known as Ottowa. Chicago is one of the best hockey towns in the states.

I know its not the city, its the ownership. They have destroyed a good franchise.

If they change owners then Chicago can stay in my plans for the restructuring of the NHL. If they keep the same owners then, I'm sorry, I will have to take the franchise away.

Ottawa is an amazing franchise with a rich history and a great fan base.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby LBJackal » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:11 pm

Because Americans have enough unappreciated teams, and Canadians are better fans. Although, Chicago is one of the few American teams that has a good fan base. But I honestly believe the Winnipeg Jets still have more die-hard fans than the team that replaced them a long time ago; the Phoenix Coyotes. It's a shame that because of sheer population, American cities create more revenue than a city in Canada would........

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers