Any Boston fans who want the AL to lose the All-Star game? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any Boston fans who want the AL to lose the All-Star game?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:02 am

josebach wrote:This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've read on this site.

Scarily enough it doesn't make my Top 10. :-/
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bukoski77 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:01 am

blankman wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:I think the Sox players would want to ensure that they have the advantage when they beat the Yankees in the ALCS.

What year will this be? Because it sure doesn't look good for them anytime soon ;-) :-D

As an Oakland fan it hurts to say this...., but,..... If the season ended now the Chowdah Heads would be the wildcard.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:04 am

markspe34 wrote:dude the red sox still think they have a chance to win the division and make it to the world series...if they threw the game they'd basically be telling the yankees that they give up. and anyway, i really think its the fans that fuel this rivalry, when i watch games i see players from these opposing teams talking all the time and joking. Personally i'm a die-hard yankee fan but i really dont have anything against boston, they actually seem like really nice guys, however what i don't like are whiney red sox fans who can't take the fact that the yankees are a good group of ball players and just bitch and whine about everything

Well put. There are absolutely Sox fans that whine too much. Yankee fans on the other hand, often come across as arrogant. All the talk about the Sox never being able to win it can be extrememly annoying. If the Yanks win this year, I'll tip my cap to them. I just dont need someone telling me that the Sox wont win because they didnt win last year or in the past. Id much rather have a discussion with a Yankee fan about this years teams. If we lose, then we lose, but it certainly is not some sort of baseball destiny.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby mikcou » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:15 am

Tavish wrote:
josebach wrote:This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've read on this site.

Scarily enough it doesn't make my Top 10. :-/

thats pretty damn scary
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby WhosBabeRuth » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:50 pm

markspe34 wrote:
Well put. There are absolutely Sox fans that whine too much. Yankee fans on the other hand, often come across as arrogant. All the talk about the Sox never being able to win it can be extrememly annoying. If the Yanks win this year, I'll tip my cap to them. I just dont need someone telling me that the Sox wont win because they didnt win last year or in the past. Id much rather have a discussion with a Yankee fan about this years teams. If we lose, then we lose, but it certainly is not some sort of baseball destiny.

Absolutly. Well put. We dont need to be reminded how long its been. Besides, were just the fans theres nuttin we can do about it!
WhosBabeRuth
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers