Best Move You Have Made This Year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best Move You Have Made This Year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ximan » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:45 am

My team is in second to last out of 15 teams. But its a keeper league and I think I've positioned myself pretty well for next year.

Trade 1: April 28th - Winner
I traded Kent, Weaver, and Affeldt for Graves, Brian Roberts, and Rondell White. I already had Boone at second and was desperate for saves. Although Kent has kicked Boone's ass this year, the players I received became valuable trade bait as you'll see.

Trade 2: May 16th - Winner
I traded Juan "always injured" Gonzalez for Harden. I think I've won this one. Harden is still on my team.

Trade 3: May 25th - Toss-up
I traded Derek Lowe for Garland and Myers. Garland has been decent and I expect better things from Myers. I'd like to think I've won this one, but the second half is yet to be played.

Trade 4: May 31st - Toss-up, maybe lost
I traded Crawford and Graves for Wood, Kearns, and Steve Kline. By this time I was thoroughly buried in last and my pitching was the reason. I figured Wood was a good keeper and that Crawford was worth the price. I wouldn't keep Graves next year, I figured the REds wouldn't stay as hot as they were.

Trade 5: June 13th - Winner
I traded Wood for Zambrano. Wood was on the DL and Zambrano was pitching lights out. In a later trade I traded Zambrano back to the same owner for Wood, just before Wood came off the DL. Basically I rented Zambrano for a little less than a month and the other owner never even used Wood.

Trade 6: June 27th - WINNER
I traded Looper for Oswalt, straight-up! The other owner was stacked with pitcher and really needed some saves while competing for the league title. He's a huge Cub fan (so am I) and at the time had Prior, Wood, and Oswalt and was on pace for 200+ innings over the limit. Great Keeper win.

Trade 7: July 8th - WINNER
I traded Brian Roberts for Billy Wagner. Huge Keeper win! The guy desperately needed steals and Roberts could have been had for a steal (no pun intended). I shot for the stars and won since he had a 15+ saves lead and Wagner had just come off the DL.

Trade 8: July 9th - Winner - the circle is complete
I trade Zambrano, Burrell, and Luis Gonzalez for Wood, Derek Lee, and Phil Nevin. I think I won here since I'm playing for next year. Gonzo will end his season early and at his age is not a keeper. Burrell has a lot of potential but not a keeper when you only get to keep 6 players. Plus, I'd also rather have Wood than Zambrano because of the extra K's.

IN SUMMARY: After all of those trades, these are my candidates for keepers next year (only 6 players)

Posada - drafted
Derek Lee - Trade
Boone - Drafted
Manny - Drafted
Teixeira - Drafted
Oswalt - Trade
Wood - Trade
Wagner - Trade

Plus look at my minor leaguers: Upton, Gathright, Fielder, Kazmir, and Nieman. I'm looking forward to next year!

:-°
ximan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:52 am

Lofunzo wrote:Drafted Schmidt in the 9th round.

I also traded Damon to get Crawford.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby jsmith378 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:00 pm

i traded JD Drew and Mike Mussina for randy johnson three days before his perfect game.
jsmith378
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers