How do you deal with other owners......???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How do you deal with other owners......????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How do you deal with other owners......????

Postby Soxcess » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:03 pm

who are in love with their own players and over value their worth??? Do you try and make them see the light, or do you just not talk to them or do you overpay for the guy you wanted??? just curious on some suggestions
Soxcess Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How do you deal with other owners......????

Postby slomo007 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:05 pm

Soxcess wrote:who are in love with their own players and over value their worth??? Do you try and make them see the light, or do you just not talk to them or do you overpay for the guy you wanted??? just curious on some suggestions

A little of both. For example, trying to get Griffey from me (even with all of his injuries) is next to impossible. However, there are other players who I like, but aren't necassarily my favorites, that I do overvalue a little but could be swayed in another direction if someone tries.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby KolbSaves » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:18 pm

Soxcess wrote:who are in love with their own players and over value their worth??? Do you try and make them see the light, or do you just not talk to them or do you overpay for the guy you wanted??? just curious on some suggestions

I try a little harder, but at some point you just have to realize that they want that player on their team no matter what (for instance a guy wouldn't hypothetically give me carlos guillen for tejada) and move on.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Soxcess » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:21 pm

my scenario, is Soriano and Michael Young, I'm trying to get Young and a solid pitcher but the guy is telling me he thinks Young is better than Soriano
Soxcess Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby slomo007 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:22 pm

Soxcess wrote:my scenario, is Soriano and Michael Young, I'm trying to get Young and a solid pitcher but the guy is telling me he thinks Young is better than Soriano

Tell him to quit fantasy baseball this minute and pick up "Ladies Home Journal" and begin reading.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Super GM » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:38 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Soxcess wrote:my scenario, is Soriano and Michael Young, I'm trying to get Young and a solid pitcher but the guy is telling me he thinks Young is better than Soriano

Tell him to quit fantasy baseball this minute and pick up "Ladies Home Journal" and begin reading.

That's the answer I was looking for! Good job slomo! ;-D
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Precise » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:40 pm

i offered somebody chipper jones in exchange for lidge and he COUNTEROFFERED with lidge for CARLOS BELTRAN!

if i knew where that guy lived, i would drive down to his house and punch him in the face.
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:49 pm

KolbSaves wrote:

I try a little harder, but at some point you just have to realize that they want that player on their team no matter what (for instance a guy wouldn't hypothetically give me carlos guillen for tejada) and move on.

yep i agree ;-D if they are so called "married" to one of their players most of the time is better to move on to option #2
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AKhomebrewer » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:27 pm

My primary problem is with owners who won't take time to communicate with a brief, simple sentence.

I've made up to 3 different offers for the same guy, and they come back as rejected with no rationale. If the player is untouchable, it would be nice for them to say so. If they don't counter, you can't tell what they're thinking.

Even an idiotic response is better than none. Should that be so hard?
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jpusl19 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:36 pm

i offered somebody chipper jones in exchange for lidge and he COUNTEROFFERED with lidge for CARLOS BELTRAN!

if i knew where that guy lived, i would drive down to his house and punch him in the face.

I offered J. Wilson for Brett Boone a little while back. Trying to do some buy low and sell high. I personally thought that i was going to lose on the deal and not only rejected it he counter offered Brett Boone for R. Johnson and seriously thought it was a good deal.
jpusl19
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers