RJ to Boston, Nomar to ChiSox (RUMOR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

RJ to Boston, Nomar to ChiSox (RUMOR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby redsox588 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:36 pm

my question...what "prospects" do the white sox have that would tempt arizona
redsox588
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nsulham » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:43 pm

Jon Rauch (who hasn't exactly endeared himself to Kenny Williams) and Joe Borchard I'd imagine. I'm sure they also have some other usable talent.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby LBJackal » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:13 pm

davus wrote:I still think they need starting pitching a LOT more than another bat. They should be going after Unit themselves.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. If the D'Backs are willing to give up RJ for the White Sox's prospects, wouldn't the ChiSox just go ahead and take RJ and leave Boston out of it?

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Shakes » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:22 pm

LBJackal wrote:
davus wrote:I still think they need starting pitching a LOT more than another bat. They should be going after Unit themselves.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. If the D'Backs are willing to give up RJ for the White Sox's prospects, wouldn't the ChiSox just go ahead and take RJ and leave Boston out of it?

Ya except randy will only wave his no trade clause for a contender team such as yankees, boston, or anaheim. At least that is what i had read
I'm a better lover when your drunk.
Shakes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby matmat » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:37 pm

I don't see any incentive for the White Sox to do a deal like this.

they are handing the Red Sox a huge player who makes them the favorite for the AL pennant (note, the White Sox are in the AL) and they are sending away prospects for a rent-a-player who will most likely not want to stay there...
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby davus » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:25 pm

Shakes wrote:
LBJackal wrote:

Ya except randy will only wave his no trade clause for a contender team such as yankees, boston, or anaheim. At least that is what i had read

That's the thing, though. Unit makes the Sox a contender. I mean they are almost there as it is. The offense can go toe-to-toe with anyone as is. They need an ace. Loaiza definitely ain't it. Garcia ain't it. Burhle, please.

RJ could take them there...but I could see him preferring Boston to Chicago...especially with Schilling there already.
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rmeesig » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:25 pm

WhosBabeRuth wrote:I've got a logical comment for anyone who has thought/said RJ should/would rather go to the yankees over the sox. If Randy goes to the yankees and brings them a championship, big dealso hwat its just another championship. If he goes to the sox and brings them to a championship, its the first in 86 years, thus hed be remembered much more by many more if he did. Seems logical to me, if in fact he is desiring a trade. Plus the whole Schilling thing (being here) helps....seems to me like rumor or no rumor, logically, he would rather come to the sox.

and if they lost? what, "wait til next year"..again??

i doubt breaking the curse really matters to him. winning a ring is what matters.
If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future.
The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nomar4prez » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:49 pm

rmeesig wrote:
WhosBabeRuth wrote:I've got a logical comment for anyone who has thought/said RJ should/would rather go to the yankees over the sox. If Randy goes to the yankees and brings them a championship, big dealso hwat its just another championship. If he goes to the sox and brings them to a championship, its the first in 86 years, thus hed be remembered much more by many more if he did. Seems logical to me, if in fact he is desiring a trade. Plus the whole Schilling thing (being here) helps....seems to me like rumor or no rumor, logically, he would rather come to the sox.

and if they lost? what, "wait til next year"..again??

i doubt breaking the curse really matters to him. winning a ring is what matters.

I think what he was trying to say is that if he won with the Yankees, he'd just be part of the championship team. If he won with the Red Sox, IMO, he'd be the reason we won(Even though I think we have a good chance without him). 100 years from then, people would look back, and remember the blockbuster trade that brought Boston it's championship, and the ace that pitched them to the top. Saying all that, I don't think that's even a thought in RJ's mind. He just want's another ring, be that with New York, Boston, Anaheim, or any other team who's a contender.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WhosBabeRuth » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:56 pm

Im not saying thats his thought, im just using that as a reason for fans to believe he would come to the sox over the yanks. And yes, you summed it up good, thats what I was thnking.
WhosBabeRuth
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Tavish » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:14 pm

RJ is going nowhere this year. The D-Backs would be commiting suicide on next season if they trade him, Sexson will most likely not resign if the team is not a true contender.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 23)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers