To all you non spot-starters out there...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

To all you non spot-starters out there......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby trippinonreality » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:34 pm

IP is as ridiculous as AB's would be. However we do use it in my league but we also have a fair amount of ratios which offsets the ability to churn pitchers to some extent.
trippinonreality
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AKhomebrewer » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:06 am

My league has IP as a category, which I don't really like, but offsets it with hits allowed and walks allowed as two separate (negative) categories, which I like as a counter to IP.
If you churn a bunch of mid-level or lame starters through, you'll win IP and maybe/maybe not snare wins, but you'll get crushed in the hits and walks. And probably toast your ERA as well.

I'll only go to spot-starting (and then only one start a week) if a regular hits the DL and I don't like the FA choices enough to keep one. With a 14-team league, it's a pretty grim FA selection.
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:28 am

My innings pitched league has a losses category to go along with wins, so WHIP ERA and Losses give people plenty of reasons to not roster churn.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Rob035 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:42 am

My H2H league counts IP, W, CG, K, ERA, L, SV, ER, H, BB for pitching. Instead of spot starting i use the opposite strategy. NO STARTERS! I have Smoltz, Foulke, Benitez, Lidge, and Guardado as my pitchers and a stacked offense. I win the last 6 categories listed almost every week. Its working so far...30.5 games ahead of 2nd place.
Rob035
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:10 am

H2H was designed to be played one team vs another team. Not one team vs another team+the free agent pool.

It's a loophole to the system, and most leagues have an innings cap to eliminate the loophole. I'm sure eventually Yahoo, Sportsline, etc, will add an innings cap to their H2H rules. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers