trade offers? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

trade offers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

trade offers?

Postby papasmurf » Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:57 am

thoughts on the following offers i proposed to other teams...

#1) freddy garcia, reic gagne, vlad nunez, preston wilson for schilling, jose cruz, and isringhausen

#2) jd drew for mulder

it's a 5 x 5, 10 team league and i am #1 overall and i am #1 in all hitting categories. i'm in the top 3 in k's, saves, and whip. i'm in the middlle of the pack in era and 2nd to last in wins. my starting pitching staff also includes vazquez, zito, maddux, and oswalt.

is my first offer reasonable and what do you think about the 2nd offer? i know the very same trade was accepted last week in espn fantasy baseball.

thanks! :-[
papasmurf

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby dannahann » Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:29 pm

In trade #1, if you are the guy giving up Garcia and Gagne, then your offer is more than fair, you might even be trading away too much.

In trade #2, I'd prefer to be on the Mulder side. He will certainly help your pitching numbers but I doubt the other owner would deal him for Drew.
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 66)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby papasmurf » Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:38 pm

thanks. i am the one trading gagne and garcia. i offered something similar to this (except with drew rather than wilson) and he declined. this recent offer had been on the table for a while but he never replied. do you think i should adjust it in some way? my other pitchers are listed on the first post.
papasmurf

Postby Arlo » Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:51 pm

I agree that the first offer is more than reasonable. I wouldn't adjust it before hearing from the other owner.

In the second deal, I don't think Drew, with all the question marks surrounding him, will be enough to get Mulder. The trade rumors are a bit of a concern, should Drew truly land in San Diego, but his health makes him much less valuable than he was a couple weeks ago. Every game he rests will take a bit off his price tag. Sigh... it's tough being a Drew owner.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby papasmurf » Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:01 pm

thanks. i just made two different offers.
1) drew for beckett...i'm looking to trade drew for a decent pitcher and i'm thinking beckett is a good buy low candidate right now. i am also considering clement.

2) garcia, nunez, roberto hernandez, and wilson for schilling, cruz, and isringhausen...i agreed with you that i was maybe giving up too much by putting gagne in there.
papasmurf

Postby Arlo » Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:08 pm

Those sound like good offers; Beckett for Drew would be a very nice deal. You should make sure the other owner knows about Drew's health issues though, just to be on the safe side.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers