The Cubbies - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Cubbies

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Cubbies

Postby BigMusky » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:55 am

Does anyone else get excited when they think about the Cubs down the stretch? They have not had their whole starting rotation all year. The offense has not peaked yet. I just watched ESPN and half of the ten greatest moments this year were game winning homers against the Cubs. I would say that not much has gone there way and they still have a good record at the break. They may not win the division, but I am sure confident they are going to make the playoffs again. I thought for sure they could choke with all the expectations...and maybe they still will.

Now the fantasy part. Why do people think ARAM is going to drop off in the second half? I have read that from a couple of experts that he should be dealt now while his value is still high.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:59 am

I am VERY VERY glad that the Cardinals only have to play the Cubs twice after the break. :-D I think they will heat up and become the team that everyone predicted once they get Ramirez back and now that Lee and Sosa are hitting they will be a potent offense, at least more than they've shown so far. And the rotation? When Maddux is your fifth starter there is no worries IMO. Now that Wood is back, Prior is looking good, and Clement gets any RS at all, the Cubbies will come on strong. As far as FBB and Ramirez, I think he will continue to roll in the second half. I'm not going to trade him in my leagues. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers