Will Torre Walk Bonds? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will Torre Walk Bonds?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:10 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
slomo007 wrote:How is it dumb? You claim Rolen is a better hitter (right now) than Pujols because his current stats are better. Obviously, Rolen is hotter right now, but even with that, Pujols is far and away the "better hitter" and is the guy that would be protecting Bonds if I were the NL Manager.

By the way, a first time poster wouldn't have backed up their reasoning with a statistic. And like I said, "according to your logic". You said Rolen is a better hitter right now because his BA RISP is high, so I said Estrada's is even higher therefore he's "hotter" at the moment and the more fearsome hitter. According to your logic, that works perfectly.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but comparing Estrada to either of these guys is not relevant to the discussion. Estrada has one good stat and I did not even come out in favor of Rolen based on RISP - it was just one stat that I used.

I have always said that Pujols is the better player and I would rather have him on my team in real life and in fantasy. Pujols is a better all around player - steals and defence included. The issue though was who should bat behing Bonds to give him better protection? Rolen is the more dangerous hitter right now. It's not just a blip - the guy has hit 30+ HR and driven in 120+ RBI for the past 3 yrs and is in an even better groove right now. The difference between him and Pujols is slight but you have to give Rolen some respect and bringing Estrada into the debate belittles Rolen and has nothing to do with my "logic".

Mook, I misunderstood your argument. Thanks for the clarification. I would still protect Bonds with Pujols, but I see the argument for Rolen as well.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:15 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
slomo007 wrote:How is it dumb? You claim Rolen is a better hitter (right now) than Pujols because his current stats are better. Obviously, Rolen is hotter right now, but even with that, Pujols is far and away the "better hitter" and is the guy that would be protecting Bonds if I were the NL Manager.

By the way, a first time poster wouldn't have backed up their reasoning with a statistic. And like I said, "according to your logic". You said Rolen is a better hitter right now because his BA RISP is high, so I said Estrada's is even higher therefore he's "hotter" at the moment and the more fearsome hitter. According to your logic, that works perfectly.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but comparing Estrada to either of these guys is not relevant to the discussion. Estrada has one good stat and I did not even come out in favor of Rolen based on RISP - it was just one stat that I used.

I have always said that Pujols is the better player and I would rather have him on my team in real life and in fantasy. Pujols is a better all around player - steals and defence included. The issue though was who should bat behing Bonds to give him better protection? Rolen is the more dangerous hitter right now. It's not just a blip - the guy has hit 30+ HR and driven in 120+ RBI for the past 3 yrs and is in an even better groove right now. The difference between him and Pujols is slight but you have to give Rolen some respect and bringing Estrada into the debate belittles Rolen and has nothing to do with my "logic".

Mook, I misunderstood your argument. Thanks for the clarification. I would still protect Bonds with Pujols, but I see the argument for Rolen as well.

Stop being so polite.

Nobody on these boards fights anymore. I feel like calling somebody stupid but I don't want to go into the Politics forum or bring up the Bonds/BALCO thing again.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby slomo007 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:16 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

Stop being so polite.

Nobody on these boards fights anymore. I feel like calling somebody stupid but I don't want to go into the Politics forum or bring up the Bonds/BALCO thing again.

Anybody have any suggestions?

LOL, try talking about Jeter. But watch out for locked threads ;-) .
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby blankman » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:21 pm

Back to the topic, Torre won't pitch to Bonds.....

..... but Mulder will :-b
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Super GM » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:25 pm

LOL, Mulder said at the press conference that he'd "definatley pitch to Bonds and try to throw some strikes"! ;-D
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Super GM » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:29 pm

=

Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers