Will Torre Walk Bonds? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will Torre Walk Bonds?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will Torre Walk Bonds?

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:29 am

Now that the AS game means something - would Torre actually intentionally walk Bonds if the game was on the line?

The Baseball AS game is the best AS game by far (basketball second followed by hockey and why do they even bother in football?) but should it be played like a real game (walk Bonds) or played for the fans (pitch to him and damn the consequences)?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:31 am

They will pitch to him because he will be out of the game late. By pitch to him I mean it will not be an intentional walk, but I am sure Mulder will not give him alot to hit.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:39 am

Now that it "counts" I think you have to play it like a real game, especially Torre since he will be the odds on favorite to win the AL therefore needing home field. If it was like it used to be then yeah why not throw to him? Ah well, just waiting until we can get a real comish. :-? :-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby DMXdawg » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:11 am

Torre promised to pitch to Bonds.

Oh wait, we need to cite our sources or else it'd be plagarism right?
DMXdawg
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:15 am

He'll probably pitch to him. I'm not sure why Pujols isn't hitting behind Bonds rather than Rolen. Don't get me wrong, Rolen is a great player, but Pujols is widely known as perhaps the best hitter in the game. Wouldn't you want him protecting Bonds?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:24 am

slomo007 wrote:He'll probably pitch to him. I'm not sure why Pujols isn't hitting behind Bonds rather than Rolen. Don't get me wrong, Rolen is a great player, but Pujols is widely known as perhaps the best hitter in the game. Wouldn't you want him protecting Bonds?

Show some respect

Rolen .339 18HR and 80 RBI

the NL lineup should protect him.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:28 am

he will pitch to him...but will Mulder throw any strikes. I doubt he will late in the count. Bonds will get walked at least once if he does not decide to just swing at stuff out of the zone.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby slomo007 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:31 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
slomo007 wrote:He'll probably pitch to him. I'm not sure why Pujols isn't hitting behind Bonds rather than Rolen. Don't get me wrong, Rolen is a great player, but Pujols is widely known as perhaps the best hitter in the game. Wouldn't you want him protecting Bonds?

Show some respect

So you're telling me, if the game's on the line and you're the opposing manager....you would rather see Pujols at the plate than Rolen? I would fear Pujols MUCH more. And I am usually even a Pujols basher.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby ajgnydc722 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:42 am

slomo007 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

Show some respect

So you're telling me, if the game's on the line and you're the opposing manager....you would rather see Pujols at the plate than Rolen? I would fear Pujols MUCH more. And I am usually even a Pujols basher.

I agree. Calling Pujols a better hitter than Rolen isn't disrespecting Scott. Pujols IS a better hitter and much more dangerous. He is one of the best hitters in the game.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:03 am

Maybe in all but right now at this moment Rolen is more dangerous at the plate with runners in scoring position. Higher BA and more RBI.

.432 RISP
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers