NOW, HOLY TEJADA! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

NOW, HOLY TEJADA!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NOW, HOLY TEJADA!

Postby Spokes » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:21 pm

A new single-round record with 15! Man, they should have had the roof open in the first round because since they opened it, this has been awesome!
Having both Berkman and Tejada on my one team, I am loving this even more.
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:11 pm

Tejada is the man. I was rooting for him all the way since he was my only player in it and am happy that he won. He was amazing. My pick to win it all, Berkman got to the finals at least, so I'm also happy about that. ;-D
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BoSox4life » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:08 am

Congrats to Miggy ;-D He seems like a really good guy whos out there having the time of his life...very happy he took it.
All I want out of life, is that when I walk down the street folks will say, "There goes the greatest hitter that ever lived."
--Ted Williams
BoSox4life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NZF » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:10 am

The guy is as tough as old boots.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby West Coast Fan » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:39 am

I've said in other posts that I got Miggy on ALL of my fantasy teams. I followed him with the A's and marveled in what he did when the A's won 20 in a row and when he carried the team to the playoffs and Miggy won the AL MVP award.

I don't know how he's treated by east coast media, what with Jeter and Nomar there as well. But I love Miggy and he was my choice to win the HR derby. The guy's got a great swing and can certainly light up in the second half.

Thanks Miggy. I just wish you were still with the A's. ;-D
West Coast Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby G-Man » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:07 am

it is truly refreshing to watch a guy like miggy play, and even moreso to hear him talk about how much he loves to play. he plays hard every single inning of every game and it is fantastic that he accomplished such an amazing feat on a national stage. it is impossible to root against a guy like that. (does it sound like I have a man crush on him?)
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby G-Man » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:10 am

one other note on miggy - being in baltimore (and having tejada on all of my teams) I watch every O's game, and think it is worth mentioning that he goes out of his way to sign autographs and acknowledge the fans in the stands whenever they applaud him....it's the little things sometimes ;-D you could even see he was caught off guard a bit by the thunderous ovation he received from the houston fans.

monster 2nd half on the way, it's good to be a miggy owner!
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rkiivs » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:40 am

He's looks deceiving also, not the archetypal slugger. He's got a compact swing but the ball just jumps off his bat. Good going, Tejada.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby ajgnydc722 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:21 am

Miggy's not even a homerun hitter. He's more of the line-drive type. But once he got his swing down he was absolutely crushing those balls. I was amazed how that little guy could crush the balls further than Sosa did.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby West Coast Fan » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:34 pm

Miggy's not even a homerun hitter. He's more of the line-drive type. But once he got his swing down he was absolutely crushing those balls. I was amazed how that little guy could crush the balls further than Sosa did.

And in 2003 and 2002, his home runs were being hit in the cavern known as Oakland Coliseum. When he's on, he crushes the ball.
West Coast Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers