My Old-Timers Day @ Yankee Stadium - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

My Old-Timers Day @ Yankee Stadium

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Precise » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:04 pm

godallahstar wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:Mislead by school and media? I love that, since this guy if he lives in the US is a hardcore democrat and everyone knows that schools and media are made up of mostly democrats!

wrong.

agreed. wrong indeed.
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:09 pm

How am I wrong? Nearly every teacher in public schools are democrats, because they like them more. Also, most of the media, with the exception of Fox News, is democrat. ABC, NBC, and CBS are all very democrat. Oh, god, you obviously dont hate America enough to live here and take advantage of my tax dollars. You realize that in other countries you could not say bad things of the country in public like this, for fear of your life? You are taking advantage of a United States right right now.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby godallahstar » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:14 pm

look, all i was saying was don't bring up choleric type issues if you're gonna follow it up with a waiver like "don't make this into a debate"

It won't work.

now please refrain from making any further overly generalized, anecdotally-based and easily refuted assumptions.
godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Precise » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:17 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:How am I wrong? Nearly every teacher in public schools are democrats, because they like them more. Also, most of the media, with the exception of Fox News, is democrat. ABC, NBC, and CBS are all very democrat. Oh, god, you obviously dont hate America enough to live here and take advantage of my tax dollars. You realize that in other countries you could not say bad things of the country in public like this, for fear of your life? You are taking advantage of a United States right right now.

i love the place i live, but not always the people in charge. is that a bad thing? teachers are a small part of education policy (legisaltors, administrators, lobbyist, etc.). many of the most prestigious and influential universities in this country are notoriously conservative.
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Postby godallahstar » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:30 pm

Precise wrote:i love the place i live, but not always the people in charge. is that a bad thing? teachers are a small part of education policy (legisaltors, administrators, lobbyist, etc.). many of the most prestigious and influential universities in this country are notoriously conservative.

;-D
let's be friends.
godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wkelly91 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:42 pm

Personally, I don't think there was anything overtly political in Grims "Old Timers" story. If you want to see overtly political talk come to the political forum.

I enjoyed your story ;-D
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Precise » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:34 pm

wkelly91 wrote:Personally, I don't think there was anything overtly political in Grims "Old Timers" story. If you want to see overtly political talk come to the political forum.

I enjoyed your story ;-D

reread the thread. you'll see it only snowballed into something remotely political when one cafe member called the other "hardcore democrat" based on like a two sentence reponse to the original method ;-)
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wkelly91 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:04 am

I was refering to the story itself, not the responses. Some of the responses were off base. :-o
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:56 pm

I also have no love for GWB, but I dont like Kerry much either. Dont take me as a Bush backer. Just at least where I live, the majority of educators are all democratic. The very highup, higher paid people like college deans and such are usually conservative. Just answer my question God, do you like living in America?
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Precise » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:38 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:I also have no love for GWB, but I dont like Kerry much either. Dont take me as a Bush backer. Just at least where I live, the majority of educators are all democratic. The very highup, higher paid people like college deans and such are usually conservative. Just answer my question God, do you like living in America?

i already said that i love the place i live, but not always the people in charge. i wouldnt say most teachers are true democrats. i would say they are a reflection of much of the voting public- people in the center who lean a certain way and vote in their own self-interest.

of COURSE public school teachers usually arent going to vote for a party that supports such iniatives as school vouchers and to a certain extent, the privatization of education nor are they going to support a party which seeks to eliminate many programs in universities that help underpriviliged students.
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers