Thoughts on Cliff Lee - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thoughts on Cliff Lee

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on Cliff Lee

Postby Precise » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:40 pm

he's had a good first half and has filled my rotation nicely. his whip is a little high but its hard to fault a guy with a 9-1 record, 3.77 era, and a very good k-ratio.

what are your opinions on him? is he gonna tire in the 2nd half and is it time to trade him while his value is at it peak?
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sinicalypse » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:43 pm

i cut him in a 2-3 start span where he gave up 4-6ish ER per start, but hey, he rebounded and is what, 9-1 3.75ish?

cleveland's offense is young and pretty good, so any pretty good pitcher will likely continue to do well. cliff lee looks like he could go something like 17-5 with an ERA between 3.5 and 4, so i think he's a nice solid SP to have going down the stretch. certainly not the ace of your staff, but as a third to fifth pitcher, he's probably one of the better ones you could have, short of a bonafide all-star-staff.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Precise » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:50 pm

yeah, i love what lee did in the 1st half for me. he's turned out to be one of the seasons best waiver wire finds for a lot of fantasy owners. but what concerns me is the fact that he has never pitched more than 52 innings in a season and he is on pace to pitch about 190 this year. thats a lot to ask for a young pitcher plus the tribe are trying to win their division so there will be lots of pressure on him.
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jbones733 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:03 pm

i drafted C Lee in 18th rd, cause i seen him last year, He is AWESOME & Clevland is gonna be scary good in a few years , but in saying that 9-1 , i taqrded him & A jones 4 m Giles & B Zito, i though it was time to sell high
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Baseball Leftovers