Arod - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Arod

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Arod

Postby JOEG » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:20 pm

How much has his value dropped in a keeper league as a 3B with how deep 3B has gotten?

Someone will give me him for Manny.

This is not a trade question but more of a quesiton about how valuable will he be at third next year?

Will he still be the top pick?

In my opinion the "slow" start and the move to 3B has let Beltran, Pujols, and maybe Sorinao ahead of him?

What does everyone else think?
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WhiteHot » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:43 pm

I think he'll still be the top pick next year.

I would trade Manny for him.

3B is deep, but the other top picks with the exception of Soriano reside at deep positions also. Plus, ARod is stealing a lot.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BigMusky » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:52 pm

I am assuming that in most leagues he will lose his SS eligibility. Does that drop him out of the number 1 spot? People still draft Pujols at #1, so I would say that it depends on what you want. I do not think anyone took Soriano number 1 in any leagues this year, but they might next year if he is hot the rest of the way and Arod loses that SS spot. Then the top four picks will probably be a scramble of Vlad, Pujols, Soriano, Arod.

For a keeper league though, you need to find out the rules of your league eligibility next year and plan accordingly. If you have him at short now, I would consider trading him for a 3B and SS. But do not over react and trade him low, the guy is still a monster. It would be pointless though to trade him for Beltran or Pujols or Manny unless you think they have just better overall numbers. Those guys do not help position scarcity at all.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby BigMusky » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:55 pm

I read that backwards.....you are GIVING Manny for him. I would do that. But still think about moving him for next year if it suites your team.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

d

Postby JOEG » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:05 pm

Didn't mean to make this about my team, just an example

Yeah him losing that SS hurts but he still is who he is... if Jeter got hurt again would they risk the media outburts and move him there temporary?
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BigMusky » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:07 pm

I do not know....who are the backups at 3B and SS for the Spanks? If Jeter was hurt really bad, then maybe. I would not count on that.

I think we are thinking too hard.

Is AROD better then Manny...YES! He has more trade value no matter where he plays. So do it and worry about making him fit afterwards.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:08 pm

If you're a fan of value-based drafting I am pretty sure he is going to take a hit next year. He'll no doubt be a first-rounder but I am not sure he will be my #1.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:11 pm

I think this is a very important question. In my opinion, 3b is deep. Really deep. Blalock, A-Rod, Rolen, Lowell, Ramirez, Chavez, Tex, Huff, Mora, the list goes on. D. Wright will soon be there.

I drafted A-Rod first overall in my dynasty keeper league, and I'm starting to think he might not be a top 5 pick next year. It depends on how strong his second half is, and if he keeps stealing. If he does, an argument certainly can be made that he should be the first overall.

I've considered dealing him this year, but I have been hesitant because he certainly can be the best fantasy player around when he is locked in. I'm not sure where his value lies for the future, but if you can get him for Manny, I'd do it in a heartbeat. He is capable of matching Manny's stats this year with an additional 25 SB's.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:15 pm

tex wont have 3B elgibility next year.
[color=blue][size=24]2005 Fantasy Baseball Champion[/size][/color]
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:16 pm

Fair enough, but my point is still made.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers