Some idiot just dumped all his players... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Some idiot just dumped all his players...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:42 pm

Perfect reason why public leagues are no fun. :-/

Just make your waiver requests and hope for the best. Good luck. It always stinks when something like that happens.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Members Only Jackets » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:26 am

quitters... :-t
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby dawade » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:39 am

red wrote:Yeah, we've got a no-cut list. Becuase of it, Smoltz is the only guy on the dude's team anymore!

It is a public league and it is pretty boring... but better to have than not to have, I guess. Don't know why guys have a desire to do that. If you wanna quit- just set your lineup and never log on again...

That sucks when you want a guy like Abreu and the guy who holds him has him on the bench and since he never logs in again you cannot trade for Abreu.
dawade Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:11 pm

I'm having an analogous problem today w/ a league where we all know each other. One dude is 'tired of his crap team' and has proclaimed that he wants to make the race between the top 6 (playoff) teams closer and is 'trading all his players, no offer will be refused'.

I explained beforehand that I (commish) am only approving fair trades. That was last week and SaggyDiapers was away from computers until today when I get 1) Spezio/ Hatteberg 2) Escobar/ Clemens 3) Barrett/ C. Wilson (I OK'ed this one as it seemed reasonable) and 4) T. Walker/ Loretta. I did state 'you are required to do fair trades, if you can explain how these are fair, I'll be more than happy to put them through' but, instead of 'Spezio hits .030 higher in the second half for his career' I get 'you suck' 'DICTATOR' and other well-measured responses. Fun!!

Madison wrote:Perfect reason why public leagues are no fun. :-/

AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers