where are ya @ the break ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

where are ya @ the break ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby planet » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:15 am

i team in an NL-only roto league and i'm in 1st... except for like two weeks i've gone wire to wire...
planet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kvillantz18 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:24 pm

14 team money league h2h: 1st by 19.5 games. Now I finally have Mags and Chavez off the DL.
12 team public h2h: 1st by 12 games.
Up in here?
kvillantz18
College Coach
College Coach

Postby garretterik » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:31 pm

12 team Yahoo head to head Money league.
In 4th place 13.5 back :,-(
Hoping for big second halves from Reyes, Brown and Dmitri Young
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigMusky » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:37 pm

Anyone notice that most the people on here are winning their leagues? Goes to show what research can do for you in fantasy sports.

Anyhow, I am second...but only because the first place team has not had ANYONE get hurt and I had numerous guys go down. I will catch him though, he is 8 games up on me in a 13 cat h2h league.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby whefner » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:55 pm

5 roto leagues.

4 1st place by average of 20 points
1 3rd place behind leader by 20 points
whefner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Krunk City King$ » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:14 pm

about 15 games out in 4th place in my division, HTH league..

:~(
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Trazcon » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:26 pm

12 team Yahoo Public h2h:

1st place by 6.5 games waiting to go against the second place team on this short week. Double edge sword so to speak...
"I think they out to get me, helpless was livin' sinful. If you was me all this pain I'm feelin would been done killed you"-- Nas
Trazcon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby john gardner » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:41 pm

Four Yahoo 5x5 roto's 1st..3rd..4th..8th. B-)
You never can tell...the depth of the well...by the length of the handle on the pump..
john gardner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sinicalypse » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:41 pm

three teams:

#1 in the 10-11 teams out of 12 teams still playing, with friends and friends of friends, i'm in 10th place out of 12th place. that one is tough to stomach, but prior was out for the 1st half, then i traded him for vlad to try and patch up the offensive hole. my pitching is decent, i'm #1 in saves and middle of the pack in era/whip, but i'm dead last in wins (~33-35) and my offense is lower 1/4 of the league, even with vlad being something like .340/8/35-40/5 since picking him up in the first week of june. now frank thomas is on the DL, and phil nevin, whom i acquired as an extra bat/potential backup 1b in the prior for guerrero trade is on the DL, so casey blake is my first baseman. this league is good, most saves and SB are claimed, and if someone's hot, someone else usually has him by the time you try to get him off of the FA/WW list. so really, for a lil credibility, i just want to finish in the upper 1/2

two public leagues, publeague#1: 1st out of 12. this team has been in 1st place basically all year... stellar starts by barry bonds, vladimir guerrero, scott podsednik, and even paul konerko was decent. pitching is str8 11s except for wins, which is like 4. overall, i've got 100 points today and 2nd place is 87.5. i've been up from 4 to 17 points all year long, so this one i just gotta seal the deal. i should be OK despite letting konerko go

publeague#2: 2nd out of 12. this league is more a war of attrition, or a very evenly played league, as first place is at 81.5 points and i'm in second with 80. i think at one point first through 6th place in the league was within 10 points of each other, and there's usually ~1-4 point sways per day, so its been a crapshoot. my offense hsa been plagued with DL time (chavez, sosa, giles, dave roberts, etc) and at one point i had my speed infield of hafner, hairston jr, uribe, and chone figgins at third... i promptly watched me go from 10 points in HR to 4 points.

so basically i have one league where i just hope to scrape up a lil dignity, and two that i want to win.. i'm in the driver's seat in one league, and i like what i have going on for the 2nd half (for example, i went from having nobody decent at 3B to mark texeira, who is like .300/12/35 in that hole)... my OF of vlad, sammy, barry and podsednik/roberts as the steals guy is damn solid, hopefully the travis hafners and the juan uribes of the world dont suck profusely in the 2nd half, then and only then, i'll have me a decent fantasy base-a-da-ball year.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby wkelly91 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:46 pm

1st in 12 team 5 x 5 since week-2. It is my first year of roto and I must say I'm enjoying it ;-D

2nd place in H2H. I have the most points in my league, but as H2H goes I have lost several close weeks by 3 points :~( I am 7-7 yet my power stats show I have the best record. Oh well that h2h :-o
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers