Whose the closer in Arizona ???? (after the break) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Whose the closer in Arizona ???? (after the break)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AKhomebrewer » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:41 am

Valverde will be the man. The question is: when? His rehab has not exactly been progressing "smoothly." I just hope he'll still be able to contribute this season.
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:33 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
JourneyingBraves wrote:i also wouldnt count out Mantie getting his job back as the arizona closer after he gets back from the DL.. just my 2 cents

He will be injured again sooner than you can say.......MAN-TEI.

I've got Mantei sitting in a DL spot in one of my leagues. If he comes back healthy, he could close for the Dbacks, or traded to another team. Just have to wait and see. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:07 am

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
JourneyingBraves wrote:i also wouldnt count out Mantie getting his job back as the arizona closer after he gets back from the DL.. just my 2 cents

He will be injured again sooner than you can say.......MAN-TEI.

I've got Mantei sitting in a DL spot in one of my leagues. If he comes back healthy, he could close for the Dbacks, or traded to another team. Just have to wait and see. B-)

I hear that but I bet that he's be on the WW if you needed the DL spot for another player.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Madison » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:20 am

Lofunzo wrote:I hear that but I bet that he's be on the WW if you needed the DL spot for another player.

Nah, we have to DL spots. :-b

Yeah, yeah, if I needed an open DL spot, I'd kick Mantei to the curb. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thehat » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:35 am

Mantei is toast for this season. At best, he'd be back with three weeks tops remaining. And he won't be closing even if that's the case. He might get to throw an odd inning as Hoffman did last year with SD, but they weren't in save situations.

Anyone reserving Mantei is wasting space and should drop him him immediately.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Madison » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:37 am

thehat wrote:Mantei is toast for this season. At best, he'd be back with three weeks tops remaining. And he won't be closing even if that's the case. He might get to throw an odd inning as Hoffman did last year with SD, but they weren't in save situations.

I must have missed an article or something.....Back with only 3 weeks left in the season? 8-o What did I miss? 8-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby tmoney » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:47 am

Madison wrote:
thehat wrote:Mantei is toast for this season. At best, he'd be back with three weeks tops remaining. And he won't be closing even if that's the case. He might get to throw an odd inning as Hoffman did last year with SD, but they weren't in save situations.

I must have missed an article or something.....Back with only 3 weeks left in the season? 8-o What did I miss? 8-o

Yea, this is the last I heard, which was posted July 5 on Rotoworld.

Jose Valverde (forearm tendinitis) won't travel with the Diamondbacks this week.
He'll return shortly after the All-Star break.
Source: Arizona Republic
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thehat » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:50 am

Madison wrote:

Given the type of surgery he had, Madison, there is really not much chance he'll be aback at all this season, particularly given his gnarly injury history. If he does somehow beat the clock, it won't be by much. Besides, the D-Backs have apparently been giving thought to converting Mantei to a starter role if they retain his rights.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Madison » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:54 am

thehat wrote:Given the type of surgery he had, Madison, there is really not much chance he'll be aback at all this season, particularly given his gnarly injury history. If he does somehow beat the clock, it won't be by much. Besides, the D-Backs have apparently been giving thought to converting Mantei to a starter role if they retain his rights.

I didn't pay attention to the type of surgery. Oops. :-o When you hear a loud Plunk later, that will be me dropping him to the waiver wire :-D . Thanks for the info! ;-D

Oh, on a sidenote TheHat, you need to see this thread. I don't think you know it exists. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby bell » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:46 am

Could ya end your career as a Diamondback any worse, Matt?
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers