2-0 a lock.. Need help for 3-0 next week please! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2-0 a lock.. Need help for 3-0 next week please!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2-0 a lock.. Need help for 3-0 next week please!

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:25 am

I've got some pitching problems.. good ones though. Who to start? H2H 10 team league 7pitchers start. Based on points. The guy im facing has a pitching staff that rivals mine and i cant decide who to start for me. I know the saying goes start your aces no matter the matchups but all his face weak teams and could score big for him. Here's the pitchers i have active right now and matchups. Our bats are both pretty slim, only 2 big bats really each, because we both traded away to get awesome pitching thats why my P has to be right.. let me know if u think i have my starting 7 right or should i put in one of my bench for someone.

Pedro vs Tor(Mark Hendrickson)
Jeremy Affeldt @Cle(B.Anderson) and vs Det(M.Maroth)Playin the matchup here
M.Morris @Mil(W.Franklin)
Padilla vs Fla(Burnett) and @Atl(Reynolds)
Pineiro vs Oak(Mulder) and @Ana(Appier)
Zito vs Tex(J.Thomson)
Smoltz-closer has 6 games 3 @Mon in P.R. and 3 vs Phil

Benched pitchers-
K.Brown vs S.D.(Eaton)
Ishii vs S.F.(Schmidt)
H.Ramirez @Mon(L.Hernandez) and vs Phil(J.Roa)

**The pitchers he has(dont know who is starting) .. Schilling, Millwood, Maddux, Pettitte(2starts) Armas Jr.(2starts) Clement, Vazquez, Percival(7games), Penny**

And who would you start at 3rd and U? 3B Alfonzo or Ramirez and U JuanGone or Klesko. Any suggestions would be useful Thanks!
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:28 am

Start Ramirez at 3b, Juan in OF. Why is Brown on bench? Start KB, probably over Affeldt or Padilla.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:08 am

Thats the problem Hootie. Im trying to decide if its best to pitch Browine and sit a two game starter or not. They guy im facing has atleast 2 starters that pitch twice. I have 4 but that means someone like Brown has to start if i wanna start 3 two game starters next week. Our hitting is about even slight edge to me i'd say.. but i think his pitching is equal if not better than mine so i was gonna try and gain an edge by having more 2 game starts against him. but Brown has to sit or someone has to sit. Or should i sit a 2 game starter and play Brown anyway??
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Clevelander » Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:50 am

bottom line, start your best...put in brown for affeldt, i like padilla's matchups better...
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers