Mark Teixeira batting fifth - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mark Teixeira batting fifth

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby osb » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:09 pm

so anyway....

back to the original content of the thread, i think that showalter must be keeping tex hitting 5th so he can give some protection to fullmer... either that or he just really thinks that fullmer can be what he was in toronto... i think they started the season not really knowing what to expect with tex, so they started him out 6th behind fullmer and brian jordan, if i'm not mistaken, at least he's moved up to 5th... but i don't see why they just don't drop fullmer ....
osb
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: somewhere in the hillbilly land of southwest Virginia

a

Postby JOEG » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:12 pm

Yeah I would think putting Nix or Mench 5th with Tex forth would make more sense. Regardless "Mark" is heating up real nice. But it would be nice to see him get in on the top 3 hitters rallies rather then Fullmer making an out to either end it or complicate it.
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

f

Postby JOEG » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:18 pm

I knew FUllmer would have a nice hit after a said how bad he was
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: a

Postby WhiteHot » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:20 pm

JOEG wrote:Yeah I would think putting Nix or Mench 5th with Tex forth would make more sense. Regardless "Mark" is heating up real nice. But it would be nice to see him get in on the top 3 hitters rallies rather then Fullmer making an out to either end it or complicate it.

Is Mench good? He's a FA in my league.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

ZX

Postby JOEG » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:54 pm

Just like clockwork.... Fullmer gets a nice single which moves Soriano to third who gets sac flied in by Teixeira. :-b
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: a

Postby Longhorns76 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:18 pm

WhiteHot wrote:
JOEG wrote:Yeah I would think putting Nix or Mench 5th with Tex forth would make more sense. Regardless "Mark" is heating up real nice. But it would be nice to see him get in on the top 3 hitters rallies rather then Fullmer making an out to either end it or complicate it.

Is Mench good? He's a FA in my league.

Mench is good. The real problem is not knowing when he's going to start. Its that whole platooning the OF in Texas thing. In an ideal world with everyone always healthy I would have Nix, Mench, and Delucci out there everyday. If Adrian Gonzalas gets the call for good, I would take Delucci out, and put Tex out there and Adrian at first. He's a gold glover waiting to happen at first.

I'm sure Mark doesn't get upset about his name being mispelled, I'm sure it has happened before.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Longhorns76 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:06 pm

I'm going to backtrack and say that when Ramon Nivar shows he's ready, he's going to be a fairly good leadoff OF so someone will be out of a spot. Too many complicated things in that OF. Makes me wish I could be a GM. :-D
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:20 pm

Longhorns76 wrote:I'm going to backtrack and say that when Ramon Nivar shows he's ready, he's going to be a fairly good leadoff OF so someone will be out of a spot. Too many complicated things in that OF. Makes me wish I could be a GM. :-D

I agree that Nivar should be ready for the big leagues very soon. Where to play him is a good question. We have way too many OF's. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see a trade happen to move at least one OF if not two of them.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers