Ford vs Sanchez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ford vs Sanchez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ford vs Sanchez

Postby IllinoisBandit » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:44 pm

Does Ford provide enough potential help in 4/5 categories to overshadow Sanchez's superior speed?

I really don't know much at all about Ford. I don't really know where he came from, but his batting average is outstanding and would seem to indicate he could have a second half just as good as the first.

Any thoughts?
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 615
Joined: 29 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:48 pm

Sanchez has superior speed and 18 SBs. Ford has 10 SBs. I kept thinking Ford was kind of flukish but he's recorded 300+ ABs now and his hitting .311, 9 HR, 44, Runs, 42 RBI plus the stolen bases. IMO opinion Ford is an easy choice to take over Sanchez.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

v

Postby JOEG » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:49 pm

Amazinz wrote:Sanchez has superior speed and 18 SBs. Ford has 10 SBs. I kept thinking Ford was kind of flukish but he's recorded 300+ ABs now and his hitting .311, 9 HR, 44, Runs, 42 RBI plus the stolen bases. IMO opinion Ford is an easy choice to take over Sanchez.


It will be interesting what we do when Stewert comes back in two weeks, which is also coicedently right before the trading deadline.
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 812
Joined: 2 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: v

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:25 pm

JOEG wrote:It will be interesting what we do when Stewert comes back in two weeks, which is also coicedently right before the trading deadline.

Do you think the Twins benching Ford is a concern? I guess it's a possibility but I just don't see how you justify sitting this kid when he's playing so well. ;-)
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Re: v

Postby JOEG » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:53 pm

Amazinz wrote:
JOEG wrote:It will be interesting what we do when Stewert comes back in two weeks, which is also coicedently right before the trading deadline.

Do you think the Twins benching Ford is a concern? I guess it's a possibility but I just don't see how you justify sitting this kid when he's playing so well. ;-)


I actually do

I know it's ahrd to justify sitting such a hot hitter, but how can you sit Jones/Hunter/Stewert? At Dh we have LeCroy and hopefully soon - Morneau. Only way we can get Ford into lineup at a regualr rate once Stew comes back is to trade Jones or Sit LeCroy. Due to Jones and Hunter being such close friends and Hunter going off when they lost his friends earlier (AJ, Hawk, and Eddie) I can't see them risking that in the middle fo a playoff push. Sitting LeCroy - maybe - however he's a great team player and one of Gardys favorite players. One thing to keep in mind Ford was never a big prospect.
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 812
Joined: 2 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thehat » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:59 pm

Ford will remain a virtually everyday player. The guy who will lose the AB's figures to be LeCroy and I believe this may also see Mientkiewicz moving into more of a platoon role. As for Morneau, it pushes his likely recall to September.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 3721
Joined: 1 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fabulous Las Vegas

sd

Postby JOEG » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:03 pm

thehat wrote:Ford will remain a virtually everyday player. The guy who will lose the AB's figures to be LeCroy and I believe this may also see Mientkiewicz moving into more of a platoon role. As for Morneau, it pushes his likely recall to September.


Good opinion, however I cannot see Doug and LeCroy being part time players in our game plan. I think Ford goes to a 2-4 start a week rotation, with a pitch hit every game he doesn't start. Your right aout Morneau as unless DOug gets hurt don't expect him to be nailing them over the hanky for a while
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 812
Joined: 2 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact