Tony La Russa for NL Manager of the Year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tony La Russa for NL Manager of the Year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tony La Russa for NL Manager of the Year

Postby wrveres » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:48 pm

where is the love for the Cardinals ?
Or better yet La Russa
this was supposed to be a battle between Chicago and Houston .. They had all the stars. They had the unstoppable pitching. Clemens, Pettitte, Oswalt, Miller, Prior, Wood, Clement, Zambrano and yet what do they get ..... 10 games back. Dusty is so concerned he is rushing back Wood in a very crucial Sunday game. I know its hard to imagine any game bieng crucial before the break, but its rare to see a team come back from 9 games out. I know its been done before, but this is baseballs largest division with 6 teams and everybody, except Pittsburgh is playing better than .500 ball. Houston? ... well Jimy, what does your punk ass have to say now? BTW Jimy, you still owe me 25 homeruns so I suggest you get your unemployed ass into the cage asap. You're not getting any younger. You're def not getting any smarter. Astros fans, and I have to say, I like the Astros, sorry! .. Drayton, and I have to say, I always liked Drayton, sorry. I mean seriouslly. What else can I say but, .. .. sorry. Sure you got that whole possible wild card thing, but still. You were supposed to compete for the world series, not the wildcard, .. .. .. sorry ..

I think the most amazing part of this whole thing, is this list of Regularly Starting, NL Central 10 game leadin', 2004 STL Cardinal outfielders ....

Ray Lankford .. 174 AB
Marlon Anderson .. 149 AB
John Mabry .. 100 AB
So Taguchi .. 90 AB ..

Can somebody get Tony a fricking outfielder all ready

All the more props to Tony La Russa

Tony La Russa .. .. NL MOY

Did I mention they have the best record in baseball?

Last edited by wrveres on Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tony La Russa for NL Manager of the Year

Postby DaQ » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:51 pm

wrveres wrote:where is the love for the Cardinals ?
Or better yet La Russa
this was supposed to be a battle between Chicago and Houston .. They had all the stars. They had the unstoppable pitching. Clemens, Pettitte, Oswalt, Miller, Prior, Wood, Clement, Zambrano and yet what do they get ..... 8 games back. Dusty is so concerned he is rushing back Wood in a very crucial Sunday game. I know its hard to imagine any game bieng crucial before the break, but its rare to see a team come back from 9 games out. I know its been done before, but this is baseballs largest division with 6 teams and everybody, except Pittsburgh is playing better than .500 ball. Houston? ... well Jimy, what does your punk ass have to say now? BTW Jimy, you still owe me 25 homeruns so I suggest you get your unemployed ass into the cage asap. You're not getting any younger. You're def not getting any smarter. Astros fans, and I have to say, I like the Astros, sorry! .. Drayton, and I have to say, I always liked Drayton, sorry. I mean seriouslly. What else can I say but, .. .. sorry. Sure you got that whole possible wild card thing, but still. You were supposed to compete for the world series, not the wildcard, .. .. .. sorry ..

I think the most amazing part of this whole thing, is this list of Regularly Starting, NL Central 8 game leading, 2004 STL Cardinal outfielders ....

Ray Lankford .. 174 AB
Marlon Anderson .. 149 AB
John Mabry .. 100 AB
So Taguchi .. 90 AB ..

Can somebody get Tony a fricking outfielder all ready

All the more props to Tony La Russa

Did I mention they have the best record in baseball?

That's some nice info, but if the M-E-T-S METS METS METS make the playoffs, Art Howe is NL MOY.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:56 pm

while I understand you're hope and optomism, but it is after all ...

The Mets .. :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby WhiteHot » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:00 pm

Best Manager: Larry Bowa.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:03 pm

What about Bobby Cox? What he's done with the less-than-spectacular Braves this year is incredible. Especially with the Jones boys hitting like the Cora boys...

Bobby Cox for NL MOY, and I hate Cox and the Braves.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Super GM » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:09 pm

I have to agree with beltrans_boy! (Except that I like the Braves)

What Bobby Cox has done with this team is amazing.

Check out todays starting lineup:

Rafael Furcal (4 HR in 3 games)

Nick Green (brought him up from the minors this year)

J.D. Drew (having a tremendous season)

Chipper Jones (so far having a season to forget)

Johnny Estrada (Came over in the Millwood deal, All-Star in his first full season)

Andruw Jones (4 K's in 4 AB's tonight says it all)

Adam LaRoche (another rookie, he's got a lot of potential!!)

Charles Thomas (same here)

Mike Hampton (finally coming around???)

Bobby Cox should be the NL Manager Of The Year 2004!
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:31 pm

wrveres wrote:while I understand you're hope and optomism, but it is after all ...

The Mets .. :-)

Keep hating. It'll be that much more enjoyable when the Padres are sitting on their couches watching the Mets in the playoffs. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thetongueofire » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:46 pm

if the Ginats make the playoffs, Alou has to be one of the top candidates.

i think the key to the Cards success is mostly their pitching- i would give some props to their pitching coach and helpers and their pitchers themselves.. people like Carpenter and Marquis. ;-D
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thehat » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:20 pm

Ned Yost. While there's no denying the fine work turned in by several NL skippers. what Yost is doing in Milwaukee is ridiculous.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:40 pm

thehat wrote:Ned Yost. While there's no denying the fine work turned in by several NL skippers. what Yost is doing in Milwaukee is ridiculous.

Agreed. If the season ended today he should win it.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers