Sell Damon High...He is on a huge hot streak...4-5 yesterday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sell Damon High...He is on a huge hot streak...4-5 yesterday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sell Damon High...He is on a huge hot streak...4-5 yesterday

Postby Spiegs1106 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:38 pm

he's amazing. Do I sell him high...if so for what position? It's a keeper and I need to activate wood so i wana do a 2 for 1 deal.

Rotisserie Keeper League; there are 7 teams. catigories are...R HR RBI SB AVG OPS for the Hitters and W SV K ERA WHIP K/BB for the Pitchers.

C C. Wilson
1B J. Giambi
2B J. Vidro
3B H. Blalock
SS N. Garciaparra
LF C. Lee
CF A. Jones
RF V. Guerrero
Util B. Abreu
Util P. Burrell
BN M. Teixeira
BN J. Damon
DL M. GilesDL

SP B. Zito
SP J. Vázquez
RP E. Gagne
RP E. Guardado
P B. Sheets
P F. Rodríguez -- Ana
P C. Sabathia
BN Odalis Perez
BN Greinke
BN B. Lidge
DL K. WoodDL
Spiegs1106
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DaQ » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:33 pm

You team really doesn't have any weaknesses, but if you were to do a 2 for 1, trade someone at a position you can do bettter at and that player you receive will start for you. (ex. Damon and Burrell for "better hitter"). Damon is good but not great and I figure most of your league feels the same, but you can try it.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thetongueofire » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:34 pm

yep, i guess you could sell my fav player high... if someone was willin to pay high but usually people dont like him. :-D

the thing is in your league his value goes down somewhat cos of the the ops being included. and in a keeper, i think he could be dealt away by the Sox down the line which would likely decrease his value..

but for this year, if you deal him make sure that you got the sb's covered up cos you'll only have Abreu. i also think that his good year will continue (not at this rhidiculous pace obvisouly) mainly cos of how much patience hes shown. hes having more good long AB's which is a trend which started last year. hes also hitting more doubles than hes in the past few years. he'll score a ton of runs like he already has.. also run a lil more as Mueller, a good contact guy starts hitting second instead of Bellhorn who takes a lot of pitches but still dont expect a ton of steals from him. anyways, id say deal him high if you can/have get the steals covered..
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers