WRIGHT & MORNEAU ARE COMING TRA-LA TRA-LA - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

WRIGHT & MORNEAU ARE COMING TRA-LA TRA-LA

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WRIGHT & MORNEAU ARE COMING TRA-LA TRA-LA

Postby Patella Tendon » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:19 am

The Star-Tribune reports that Doug Mientkiewicz (1B) Min confirmed yesterday that he could be out until after the All-Star break due to his bruised wrist.

The twinkies previously said they would bring up Morneau if Doug's injury will keep him down after the break.

The Kris Benson to the Mets rumor is alive again.
The Pirates now seem more interested in Ty Wigginton who was offered in exchange for Benson in talks before. It could be that Wigginton's hot hitting as of late (.325 with 5 HR over his last 10 games) may have softened Pirate GM Dave Littlefield's position. Jul. 9 - 9:31 am et
Source: Star Ledger

Once Wiggy is gone - up comes Wright!
;-D
Patella Tendon
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

?

Postby JOEG » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:10 pm

Whena are people picking up Wright? My league lets us pick up whoever anytime, so i might stash him soon. Same with Upton.
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rirruto » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:13 pm

I don't think Yahoo adds minor leaguers until they've played 1 major league game :-t
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Re: ?

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:15 pm

JOEG wrote:Whena are people picking up Wright? My league lets us pick up whoever anytime, so i might stash him soon. Same with Upton.

If you're league lets you pick them up now then I'd go ahead and take a flier on one of them or both depending how strong you were at their respective positions.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

oi

Postby JOEG » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:24 pm

Up to date Wright AAA stats

25 Games
28 for 89 - 314
6 Homers
12 RBI
8 doubles
14 Runs
bb/k 11/13
2 SB

Not to bad
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JOEG » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:26 pm

Amazinz wrote:
JOEG wrote:Whena are people picking up Wright? My league lets us pick up whoever anytime, so i might stash him soon. Same with Upton.

If you're league lets you pick them up now then I'd go ahead and take a flier on one of them or both depending how strong you were at their respective positions.

I might stash both, I have Chipper at third and Furcal at SS, so thye could both come in handy later

nothing better then having the fresh stud on your team before anyone else!
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby My name is Victor » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:11 pm

Who does everyone think is the better longterm prospect, Upton or Wright?
My name is Victor
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JOEG » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:13 pm

My name is Victor wrote:

Who does everyone think is the better longterm prospect, Upton or Wright?

Hard to tell this early i would say Upton as he will be playing a shallower position and 3B is going to be sick the next 3-5 years. Wright is not a consolation prize under any means in this argument!
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:21 pm

I'd also say Upton and that isn't just me being a Rays fan. It's because he will play SS and is just flat out hitting the ball in Triple A as just a 19 year old. He just keeps getting better at such a young age that it is quite remarkable. But for this year Wright could be just as valuable, as it might take some time for Upton to adjust at first. Though he has not really shown any signs of that in the past.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers