Zito to O's??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Zito to O's???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:43 pm

It would be a bad move to trade him now because his worth is so little. People aren't going to pay based on what he used to be worth.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:47 pm

I'm going to be honest; It could happen, and it wouldn't shock me. The A's need a 2nd baseman and a MR, and Zito is an ACE but Power Pitching wins in the playoffs. :-/
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:56 pm

I really hope Zito is pimped off to some other team. It would help us (A's fans) SOOOO much.

We need hitting. Badly. If we can get that by selling off Zito, great.

Plus, Harden should be ready to be a #3 starter next year. I think it would actually help him to have the extra innings and longer leash during games that comes along with that spot.
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:08 pm

ocmusicjunkie wrote:I really hope Zito is pimped off to some other team. It would help us (A's fans) SOOOO much.

Plus, Harden should be ready to be a #3 starter next year. I think it would actually help him to have the extra innings and longer leash during games that comes along with that spot.

:-o Neither of the guys in the rumor are what I would consider a big time hitter.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:30 pm

^^^ I don't think this rumor has ANY sticking power. However, I DO believe that Zito has a good shot of going somewhere in the next couple weeks.
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Zito to O's???

Postby tmoney » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:31 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:according to ESPN's Peter Gammons Tuesday

There is your answer if this will happen or not. :-b
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby biju » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:37 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
ocmusicjunkie wrote:I really hope Zito is pimped off to some other team. It would help us (A's fans) SOOOO much.

:-o Neither of the guys in the rumor are what I would consider a big time hitter.

Damn it, if the A's need 2B and some power I think they should talk to Seattle. I'd love to see a trade of Zito for Boone. The change of scenery would help Boone out and while the run support probably would dive lower for Zito he'd be pitching in a pitcher's park. Besides, I'm a Mariner fan and would love to see Zito come here. Maybe he'd help even out the rotation after we traded Garcia away.

-M
biju
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GSes » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:43 pm

Brian Roberts isnt even better then Marco Scutaro...........he isi n fantasy b.c of the SB.

Harison? he is solid, but wtf would billy give up zito for him.

again you guys are crazy, if Zito is going to be traded the A's will get something GREAT in return. His contract is peanuts anyways, I just don't get why you guys continue to belive all these crap rumors you hear from sites and of all people Peter Gammons?

Last season at this time Gammons claimed that the deal was done Lilly & Blanton to the Jays for Escobar? ya right, see that was stupid idea, blanton is going to be better then both, and lilly is better then escobar.

Don't listen to gammons, he is hardly ever right.

Again the A's WONT trade zito unless they got something great in return.

and HERE let me KILL ALL ZITO TRADE RUMORS WITH THIS NEWS

Tim Hudson is going to miss at lleast 1 start after the break and most likely more, HE HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN.

That right there is why Zito wont be traded if my other reasons werent good enough. Hudson is going to miss more time and Blanton is not ready for the bigs.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 pm

GSes wrote:again you guys are crazy, if Zito is going to be traded the A's will get something GREAT in return.

Maybe Zito won't get traded then because he currently sucks and the A's are NOT getting something great in return.

I think you think with your heart when you fight these Zito rumors tooth & nail. You're going to be eating a lot of crow if Zito gets traded. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:10 pm

GSes wrote:Brian Roberts isnt even better then Marco Scutaro...........he isi n fantasy b.c of the SB.

ahhh.... the crux of the matter.
not how much value either 2B traded to the As would lose... he'd stop running.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers