100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jimy Williams

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jimy Williams

Postby matmat » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:03 am

I think he'll be gone by the weekend.
anyone have thoughts?

aside from te fact that the astros have been sliding he also managed to miss a 4-2 count on one of his batters today....
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jimy Williams

Postby wrveres » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:20 am

matmat wrote:I think he'll be gone by the weekend.
anyone have thoughts?

aside from te fact that the astros have been sliding he also managed to miss a 4-2 count on one of his batters today....

I agree,
lucky for Jimy, STL was off today. They may only be 11 1/2 back by the break. I've been predicting 12.

wonder who they bring in ? ... anybody in Houston heard names bieng interviewed ?

on a side note. STL sure could put a hurting on the Cubs this weekend. Wasn't it supposed to be CHC and HOU in a dogfight till the end? Who knew STL could wrap it up by the break ...

Let the official campaign begin ..

Tony La Russa ... Manager of the Year
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 754)

Postby G-Man » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:01 am

as a penalty for sucking as a manager they should force him to spell his name with 2 m's.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DEF » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:27 am

G-Man wrote:as a penalty for sucking as a manager they should force him to spell his name with 2 m's.

But if you turned that upside down - like he's done to the Astros' fortunes - then it would look like two W's, and we all know no Jimy-coached club can string two W's together. :-D
"I'm telling ya, he jumped us. Gloves off, stick down, no warning. He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names. But Dave was there."

"Dave's a killer."

"Yeah, Dave's a killer."

"Dave's a mess."
DEF
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:33 am

wrveres wrote:
anyone have thoughts?

I agree,
lucky for Jimy, STL was off today. They may only be 11 1/2 back by the break. I've been predicting 12.

wonder who they bring in ? ... anybody in Houston heard names bieng interviewed ?

on a side note. STL sure could put a hurting on the Cubs this weekend. Wasn't it supposed to be CHC and HOU in a dogfight till the end? Who knew STL could wrap it up by the break ...

STL will be crashing down soon; the pitching can't keep this up. The cubs have been hurt all year and they are only 6 games back playing their worst baseball, while the cardinals have been playing their best. It won't keep up like this, especially since Wood and Aramis are coming back for this series!
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mwb743s » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:34 am

You know I think that Jimy will be gone after the break, cant cause to much of a ruccus down in Houston.

For the Cubs fans out there , I agree the cubs are gonna start playing better, but St. Louis isnt going anywhere. They have better team moral right now, and the difference between them and the Cubs, their players play through their injuries. Rolen, Edmonds, Pujols, and Renteria have all had injuries this year and never really missed that much time. As for there pitching yeah it is a huge surprise, but that doesnt mean they cannot keep it up.
mwb743s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: Al Hrabosky's Ballpark Saloon taking a leak in the urinal in front of the double sided mirror!

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:46 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
anyone have thoughts?

I agree,

STL will be crashing down soon; the pitching can't keep this up. The cubs have been hurt all year and they are only 6 games back playing their worst baseball, while the cardinals have been playing their best. It won't keep up like this, especially since Wood and Aramis are coming back for this series!

Some call Ripley because this is the 1st time that I have ever agreed with CF. :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby wrveres » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:24 pm

wrveres wrote:
anyone have thoughts?

I agree,

Tony La Russa ... NL Manager of the Year
:-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 754)

Postby Mugrila » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:32 pm

And for the Al MOY, Sweet Lou P. ;-D
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Return to Baseball Leftovers