Ishii - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ishii

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ishii

Postby Timmm » Tue Jul 16, 2002 7:28 am

Any thoughts on Ishii? Some criticize he lets too many runners on base. But do we see a pattern here? Even tho he lets 'em on but he is holding 'em down and stranding 'em. Some south american pitchers like to walk batters they are not comfortable with and pitch to the ones they match up better against. Ishii has been solid for the Dodgers nonetheless. Call me wrong, but this guy is holding it up quite nicely.
Timmm

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:40 pm

A little bit of both: he does have a knack for stranding runners, but it's still very worrisome...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chicago » Tue Jul 16, 2002 7:45 pm

Guys like Ishii are so hard to figure out. On one hand you have his actual stats, which beside his WHIP, are pretty impressive. But that WHIP does mean something, which is he lets a lot of people on base, which for 90% of the pitchers out there means big trouble. But yet he keeps on winning and striking people out while he's doing it, and now allowing an exorbitant amount of earned runs in the process. Plus he plays for a winning team.

These are the fun calls, for me at least, to make in fantasy baseball. Take Scott Rolen. He really hasn't done much all season, yet preseason many considered him to be one of the best 3B's out there. He's starting to warm up, so the question is, will he stay hot and play out his potential for the second half. On one team I have Rolen and Hinske to choose from playing every day. Who do I choose?! Do I consider his history, or do I make a decision on his current stats? Same with Roberto Alomar. Will Shawn Green continue his pace or is he grossly overrated right now?
Chicago
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers